Tournament - Standard Mode?

Hey, i think the title says it all. Is it possible to play Swiss and Jackpot Tournaments in the new Standard Mode and if not will it ever be possible to do so?

Revalon's Avatar Senior Member
    The format each tournament is in changes every day, so each tournament should be in standard at least every third day.

I think players should be able to choose between Standard and Open Swiss tournaments. It penalises new players otherwise.

IMO all Tournaments should just be standard so that you have to stay on top of the new cards and so the newer players aren't against super strong old cards that they can't really get without using an absurd amount of wildcards/seals.

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    Why can't we have the following?

Jackpot / Swiss - you can choose Open, Standard, Weekly - EVERY DAY!

Is it any harder to implement than the current system. And it's so annoying that I have to wait for another try.

Revalon's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by malkorion Go to original post
    Why can't we have the following?

Jackpot / Swiss - you can choose Open, Standard, Weekly - EVERY DAY!

Is it any harder to implement than the current system. And it's so annoying that I have to wait for another try.
    Ain't Jackpot already small with only one being up per day?

I understand why they have it like that for Jackpot - but for Swisses, it's completely unnecessary.

I am a relatively new player who doesn't have many Open cards. That means both Open and Weekly are out for me. I would love to play Swiss (and complete my two quests that have been sitting there for 3 days), but that means 2 out of 3 times, I can't. And since the last 3 days have been Weekly/Open/Weekly... I can only hope it's not Open tomorrow.

If the reason is that nobody would play Open or Weekly then, there's an easy solution - make one of the three Swisses 'daily tournament' that rotates every day and is the same for everyone. Put a bonus reward (some gold) for playing the daily tournament - let's say first 4 places get bonus gold - problem solved.

Jackpot could be done the same way, but only after (if) DoC gets a bigger playerbase

we should be able to simply choose which format we wanna play....

how about that... its all there already.-... the increase of the waiting time form 1 to 3 minutes should be acceptable. Player base is big enough

Standard is clearly the fairest, since both people have a 50/50 chance of getting the infinite loading bug every match.