Yes, rather then practicing and getting better to overcome an obstacle, i would rather them put the obstacle behind me that way i can feel good about myself. JK
    I dont see how anyone can complain abut the challenges being too hard, my only complaint is that some of them are far to easy.

*Both Gyroscope challenges should have 0 fault requirement
    *The Flip challnege on park and ride should require a gold medal time
    *Penguin Wash on "Storm Trooper" is a complete joke. Get to a point in the map, then hold reverse for about 30 seconds until you enter a portal, and then just hold gas. This challenge actually made me mad at how trivial it was.
    *The sphere challenge on "Around the oasis" is NOT a Maze, and difficulty wise it is like getting silver on the evo sphere game when it should be closer to platinum to be a "challenge".

Other then those, i think all the other challenges are great.

EDIT: Speaking of Pipe Phobia, reminded me that all or most of these challneges should have some kind of notifier like the speed limit challenge on "Road to Ruin" Letting you know when you have failed. That was the most annoying thing about "Pipe Phobia" and similiar challneges is that you didnt know if you messed up until you got to the end and didnt get the challenge completion.

Originally Posted by Zzzlol94 Go to original post
    Because games aren't casual enough already? A challenge that's entirely based on skill in a skill based game should stay like it is even if it's really difficult. The challenge isn't broken so there's nothing to fix/nerf. All the challenges on Shear Pressure are ridiculous and they should stay like that. Even though the Pipephobia is close to ninja difficulty on a medium track.

Also, you'll most likely be complaining on other challenges, as I'm pretty sure the most difficult challenge in the game is on one of the hard/extreme tracks.
    There's a difference between "challenging" and "dumb". Unyielding 1 and 2 are tough but challenging. Pipe Phobia is plain dumb, as it requires you to wheelie across 50% of a bumpy track that obviously wasn't designed with wheelies in mind.

It makes zero sense to put in a challenge like Pipe Phobia when the levels before only needed you to wheelie across a minor section of the track.

But sure, just because I'm not as supposedly cool or good as you my criticism isn't valid, right?

Trials has always had some of the most difficult challenges and achievements out there, and I'm glad for it. The main reason these games have so much replay value is that there's always something to keep striving for, there's always a reward for getting better. Most games don't really have anything for the people on the top end of the leaderboards other than leaderboard competition, but Trials does. In any case, the challenges are XP and cash rewards only, they don't count towards game completion % so who cares if you can't beat a few?

Zzzlol94's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by qbicfeet Go to original post
    There's a difference between "challenging" and "dumb". Unyielding 1 and 2 are tough but challenging. Pipe Phobia is plain dumb, as it requires you to wheelie across 50% of a bumpy track that obviously wasn't designed with wheelies in mind.

It makes zero sense to put in a challenge like Pipe Phobia when the levels before only needed you to wheelie across a minor section of the track.

But sure, just because I'm not as supposedly cool or good as you my criticism isn't valid, right?
    The challenge that is dumb is the one with the yellow ball because that ball does whatever it wants and is never consistent. Pipe Phobia is really difficult but not dumb.

Originally Posted by qbicfeet Go to original post

No, Your criticism is invalid because your calling a challenge bad because not many people are "skilled" enough to do it, which is in direct conflict with the general meaning of the word "Challenge".
    You seem to be under the impression that challenge difficulty has to be = to that of the tracks line difficulty.
    And im no Not sure what you mean bumpy, pretty smooth to me, unless your just talking about the clear angular shifts. Saying its a track "that obviously wasn't designed with wheelies in mind." is incredibly insulting to the track creators by asserting challenges were just thrown in after words with no thought whatsoever.

The bottom line is the challenge is hard, but doable. And theres no reason challenges need to follow the same difficulty curve as the regular track progression.

At the very least there should be a clear indentifier, that you failed the challenge.
    Like some sort of a red X or some sound notifications.

Very needed for some of the more difficult challenges.

Zzzlol94's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by jaka1510 Go to original post
    At the very least there should be a clear indentifier, that you failed the challenge.
    Like some sort of a red X or some sound notifications.

Very needed for some of the more difficult challenges.
    Some challenges have a very clear notification if you've failed, like the two in Road to Ruin. I wish this was a thing for these few challenges. Just like a tiny error beep or just a color changing on the bike. Probably applies to only 6 or so challenges throughout the game.