Please, Please Balance Track Challenges

As the title states, please balance Track Challenges. It makes no sense to have extreme level challenges in a medium level track. I don't play extreme tracks because they are way too ridiculously frustrating to me and I am simply not good enough to complete them. So I am confused about the design decision to set it up so that I, and players like me, cant possibly finish the medium track challenges...

A great example is the Warp on Marina Mayhem. It is awful (to me..because of the difficulty) and it frustrated me to no end to know I will never, ever be able to complete that track now.

Don't get me wrong, I love the track challenges...they bring a whole new level of humor and gameplay to the game. They just need to be balanced, IMO. Extreme challenges belong on extreme tracks.

Just my two cents.

DJ_2wItchY's Avatar Trials Developer
    I notice your comment and understand what you are saying. Currently it is just the beta that you have and take notice that yet you are getting the challenges for the levels allowed, you still do not have the more agile bike (Pit viper). Because of this I agree some challenges that are in the beta can be considerably harder to do on the bikes that you currently have.

On a side note, please do take in to consideration. These are challenges, meaning they are not going to be easy to complete straight away. I wouldn't say that you can "never be able to do it. It is all about practise and getting more experienced at the game

the track challenges are made to add an extra challenge to the track, something optional to test your skills on

kinda like the getting a plat medal is an extra challenge over gold medals
    these are just of a different kind, finding secrets , doing some tracks, finishing the track in a special way
    they give xp based on how hard they are(or it should)

also if they do challenges on easy/beginner tracks, how many people are gonna enjoy that challenge if its like "do a trick" or "do a backflip", i don't think anyone would enjoy that not even beginners because it never was a challenge, just something that happend when they were still learning the game, even these examples are to hard for a begginner because a beginner track is a track that should be pasable by players that can't really control gas and leaning

not all challenges should be very hard, but shouldn't we also get some hard challenges on the easier tracks, certainly when they have to be harder anyway because too easy ones will challlenge no one

Hi 2wItchY and sparkierjonesz - thank you both for your replies. I do understand that all bikes are not available in the beta and recognize that that could make a big difference. But I would just have to ask then...especially to you 2wItchY as you have access to all the bikes...would you not consider the Warp to which I am referring, essentially, an extreme track (regardless of bike)?

I do understand that the challenges are supposed to add, well, challenge to the tracks. And I do get that they should not be matched 1 to 1 with the difficulty. You are right, sparkierjonesz, that a challenge that is easy, like a single trick, would be silly. But I do feel there are couple that could be a bit more balanced.

Again, I am not saying I don't like the challenges, 95% of the ones I have played have been great! It is just that the warp I referred too felt like it went too far. Again, If having the other bikes makes this challenge significantly easier, to the point of not being an Extreme experience, then I rescind my remarks Thanks again.

maybe they can give a approximate difficulty for the challenges that way people might find it easier to to judge if they might be able to pull them off or not
    or something similar or maybe not have them all unlocked from the start if they are really hard liked locked behind the plat medal for the really hard ones

Zzzlol94's Avatar Member
    Most of the challenges that are in the beta are well made. Some of them might not be exactly easy, but there's no point in nerfing them if they're not based on luck. Almost all of the challenges are based on skill and if there's anything I want from the challenges, is that all of them are based on skill, no matter the difficulty.

Spoiler:  Show
    That yellow ball challenge should be easier and not ridiculously based on luck, because that ball does two things 90% of the time, bounce REALLY high, or just sticks to the ground.

I guess I am trying to put my finger on it because I went back and played some of the others today and some of them are very hard, even on the easy tracks, and they didn't bother me...like the fusion ball, riding without leaning, and not letting your front wheel touch a pipe.

But I feel like I can eventually get those, or at least enjoy trying. I think with the warp thing it feels like they just drooped an Extreme track in to a medium one. And after years of playing Trials, I honestly don't even try extreme tracks anymore because, to me, they are nothing more than an exercises in frustration and I don't want that from a video game.

As I said, at least with the other challenges, which in my mind are hard, but not to the level of an extreme track, I feel like I will eventually be able to get them. And they are creative and interesting and I have fun trying.

Bear in mind that you will get some much more agile bikes to complete these challenges in the full release - doing them now with the roach is quite luck based in some cases.

The only challenge that needs to be "fixed" is the Pipephobia challenge, which is ridiculous even to a somewhat seasoned Trials veteran like me. I'd like to see some statistics over what percentage of players were able to complete it - I doubt it's more than a fraction of a percent. It's going to be ******edly hard even with the Pit Viper unlocked.

nerf pls

Zzzlol94's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by qbicfeet Go to original post
    The only challenge that needs to be "fixed" is the Pipephobia challenge, which is ridiculous even to a somewhat seasoned Trials veteran like me. I'd like to see some statistics over what percentage of players were able to complete it - I doubt it's more than a fraction of a percent. It's going to be ******edly hard even with the Pit Viper unlocked.

nerf pls
    Because games aren't casual enough already? A challenge that's entirely based on skill in a skill based game should stay like it is even if it's really difficult. The challenge isn't broken so there's nothing to fix/nerf. All the challenges on Shear Pressure are ridiculous and they should stay like that. Even though the Pipephobia is close to ninja difficulty on a medium track.

Also, you'll most likely be complaining on other challenges, as I'm pretty sure the most difficult challenge in the game is on one of the hard/extreme tracks.