SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    No I wouldn't think much of it.

You yourself were asking they add in a female protagonist for the sake of social commentary. (at least that's how I interpreted it) Not Ubisoft. You admitted that being your reasoning. (If i recall correctly) I don't want a female being added for the sake of social commentary, but that's my personal opinion. I rather social commentary not even be a factor.
    There are two things at play here. One being that any time anyone here brings up the possibility of a female protagonist, people start going "well, I don't want them to add one just for no reason". For some reason, nobody ever asks if it's social commentary to have a male protagonist. When 95% of all video game protagonists are already male, that in itself IS social commentary.

The second thing: so what if it WAS social commentary? Aveline's story was directly inspired by social commentary. That didn't make it bad - on the contrary, it added to the story. Connor's story was social commentary. Adewale's story was social commentary. Why aren't people criticizing those stories? Because the social commentary ADDED value to them. Had Connor been just another white guy randomly fighting redcoats just because he was bored, we wouldn't have had a reason to care. There's nothing inherently wrong about social commentary.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    @sixkeys

how many times do i have to emphasize, I don't question if there's a female assassin. I don't mind it. I don't care for it.

I just don't like it when people ask for a female assassin for the sake of a female assassin. that's like asking for a male assassin for the sake of a male assassin. either way it's a silly thing to ask for unless you just want it for social commentary. all that should matter is good character development.

and aveline's actually fit her setting. it was relevant. at least maybe. I havent played the game but given the time period it makes sense. im actuall going to play that game in a few daysand see for myself i guess.

Mary almost fit the bill but even she had to use her beauty to get past the guards in Prins' plantation right?

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    we have a female assassin

her name is ezio

Kirokill's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    we have a female assassin

her name is ezio
    That can be said.

Because whenever someone puts a fully clothed female some fools would start saying s***. They want her to be or dress like a **u* and whatnot.
    Good thing that wasn't the case with Aveline, something I like in Ubisoft is that it doesn't put much sexual things.

Markaccus's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Kirokill Go to original post
    That can be said.

Because whenever someone puts a fully clothed female some fools would start saying s***. They want her to be or dress like a **u* and whatnot.
    Good thing that wasn't the case with Aveline, something I like in Ubisoft is that it doesn't put much sexual things.
    Apart from the fact that Ezio liked to try it on with any girl who still had a heart beat