🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Can i play watchdogs (PC)

Ok cause watchdogs is Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz and i only have Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHZ but black flag is only Intel Core2Quad Q8400 @ 2.6 GHz but i can run that perfectly and i mean perfectly no lag or anything............my whole comp specs is Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHZ, 6GB ram, 1GB graphics and windows 7 64 bit OS.........so can i run this thanks for any useful help

playlisting's Avatar Senior Member
    It depends what settings/FPS you're planning on using. Judging from what you've listed, it seems you might be able to handle low at 1080p/30FPS. You'll need to think about what settings you're going to turn up and what ones on/off. For the best FPS I'd say turn off MSAA anti-aliasing. I use 2x MSAA on every game that has it and works well on my PC but you should probably use either FXAA or turn it off altogether. You might also want to turn off ambient occlusion and motion blur if the game has it. You might be able to turn up the texture & shadow quality a bit if you have AA and AO to off.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    The official current specs are:

MINIMUM

Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
    RAM: 6 GB
    Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
    This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

RECOMMENDED

Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
    Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
    Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
    nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
    AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
    Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...ctID.279021800

However they are subject to change, so you should double check the official sites - before purchase.

As already posted - performance will depend on many things, such as drivers, settings and general PC health - so any guesses at performance are just that.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Do I need a DX11 graphic card for it or is DX10 also an option?

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Indeed.

It's possible the requirements - may - change, however the ones posted are the current ones - BUT there is still some time for optimising the game, so it's possible they may change - but currently that is the information we have.

Originally Posted by Dome500 Go to original post
    Do I need a DX11 graphic card for it or is DX10 also an option?
    What graphics card do you have?

Aren't the 660's DX11-abled? It was my previous card and I am pretty sure it was. Actually, those cards in SLI will probably treat the game nicely.

Originally Posted by skebod Go to original post
    I am running 2x GTX 660 Superclocked edditions
    Originally Posted by jeffies04 Go to original post
    Aren't the 660's DX11-abled? It was my previous card and I am pretty sure it was. Actually, those cards in SLI will probably treat the game nicely.
    Two 660's will easily be able to handle Watch Dogs. I'm planning on getting a second 670 in the near future for this game. Also, the 660's do have DX11.

Why yes, yes they are, Direct x 11.1
    did someone say they wasn't ?
    I don't know it was a long day. But I loved my 660, and I only had one

Ah i see
    yes i think that's why i thought i would get another one to add in, it's a shame you can only a 2 way SLI with these otherwise i would quad them,
    just such a niffty card for it's price tag i got my first one when they where new for 190 and my second one for 120
    Sometimes I think I should've done that too, but I had some extra cash and wanted to try the 780 FTW. I've been pretty happy with it too, and it OCs really far, but it's still pricey to add a second one... I have a Vegas trip in a few days, maybe Lady Luck will send me home with one.