Joffrey Yohalem for AC Unity? please?

Am I the only one that would like to see Joffrey Yohalem back to have the writting reigns for the AC games? I mean lets be honest, the games after brotherhood wherent exactly very smart and solid in terms of writing. Characters where often attempting to be tragic like Ezio and they even turned altair into a tragic character and a shadow of the awesomeness. It felt as if I was looking at a fan fiction. And in a sense it could be if we where to talk about the pen and paper rules.

Now why do I say Jeoffrey Yohalem? Didnt you guys liked AC1,AC2 and Brotherhood? Heck Brotherhood even won an award so why the heck no?
    Yohalem's scripts usually feel heroic and not far fetched nor over the top, nor boring. He creates awesome and compelling characters and fun situations to play. He always puts the extra to the little details and has even given us awesome fan service while making it feel awesome. So awesome that they even attempted to do the same with Altair " killing Maria? seriously?"

So what do you guys think? would you like to see him back?

Spoiler:  Show
    I would also say that I would like to see Patrice Desilets back but I am not going to go into that cause of reasons...

ajl992008's Avatar Banned
    to me personally I felt his stories were the weakest, I disliked brotherhood's story, writing and the way it portrayed its characters. my favourite stories were in revelations and black flag, both of which were done by darby, I personally think it will actually be a new writer on this particular entry, if not I would like corey to write it.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Where do I start :|

First, Jefferey only wrote Brotherhood and the Glyphs in AC II. Corey wrote AC II and AC I was written by him and Patrice.

Originally Posted by Pitalla Go to original post
    I mean lets be honest, the games after brotherhood wherent exactly very smart and solid in terms of writing. Characters where often attempting to be tragic like Ezio
    No, I don't think Brotherhood was smart. I thought Brotherhood's story was the worst in the series. marred by a cliche tale of liberation (Liberation is not cliche, it's the way they went about it), lackluster antagonists and a terrible cast of characters. If you thought Brotherhood was smart then fine and dandy but don't "lets be honest" anyone...I thought ACB's story sucked..also, since when did Ezio monopolize the tragic character type of story??

Now why do I say Jeoffrey Yohalem? Didnt you guys liked AC1,AC2 and Brotherhood?
    Not the stories, no..

Heck Brotherhood even won an award so why the heck no?
    Because call of duty wins awards too...

Yohalem's scripts usually feel heroic and not far fetched nor over the top, nor boring. He creates awesome and compelling characters and fun situations to play. He always puts the extra to the little details and has even given us awesome fan service while making it feel awesome. So awesome that they even attempted to do the same with Altair " killing Maria? seriously?"
    You know I read this and think "maybe he's trolling" this is so ridiculous I can't even begin..how is a single man, single highhandedly, planning, liberating, fighting and killing EVERYONE not over the top? How is turning Bartolomeo D Alviano (a great military strategist historically) into the cliche "big guy is dumb dumb want only fight" buffoon compelling? How is turning Cesare Borgia (a notable military tactician respected widely for his skill and wit) into a crying, running baby compelling? How is creating 2D bland, mustache twirling, cartoonistic antagonists create fun situations to play in?? how is ANY of this smart?? if you like it, that's completely fine but it's not smart, no..

So what do you guys think? would you like to see him back?
    right now, the only thing I have going for me with Jeffery's name on it is Brotherhood. Maybe he's a good writer...decent at best. maybe Brotherhood just wasnt his best attempt ever but right now....looking at Brotherhood...I wouldn't buy another game written by him

Spoiler:  Show
    I would also say that I would like to see Patrice Desilets back but I am not going to go into that cause of reasons...

Eh, Patrice had a nice vision with AC I, but it was ruined by AC II...

ajl992008's Avatar Banned
    M covered everything I think perfectly. If anything I reckon they will let him write the rumored AC comet title, the only writers I trust in this brand are darby and corey, but darby a lot more because the stories he has written are just fantastic and really give me the closure and satisfaction I want after playing. Brotherhoods story was so bad that I felt NOTHING when lucy suddenly died at the end because I was so frustrated and bored with the games story that I just didn't care at all. I really ohpe it is corey seeing as unity has a clear ac1 vibe to it, corey can go back to his routes and write a similar grey story like ac1, maybe a combination of ac1 and ac3 would be great.

Rugterwyper32's Avatar Senior Member
    We know the true writer for Unity will be Joffrey Lannister anyway

Yohalem's scripts usually feel heroic and not far fetched nor over the top
    That's where I stopped reading...

Originally Posted by Pitalla Go to original post
    Yohalem's scripts usually feel heroic and not far fetched nor over the top, nor boring.
    If Ezio screaming "Vittoria Agli Assassini" during an all out brawl in the middle of Rome isn't over the top, then I don't know wtf is. Especially when you consider that the Assassins and the Templars are SUPPOSED to be clandestine organizations.

The game has been in development for over three years, so there's no way he can just come in and rewrite it. He's also busy working on Child of Light right now anyways. Corey May is probably the writer for Unity since Corey and Darby alternate between games.

Originally Posted by RagingDragon14 Go to original post
    If Ezio screaming "Vittoria Agli Assassini" during an all out brawl in the middle of Rome isn't over the top, then I don't know wtf is. Especially when you consider that the Assassins and the Templars are SUPPOSED to be clandestine organizations.
    lol, same with Caterina screaming that when she rode off. And how the Turkish Assassin would hang huge banners with an Assassin symbol on controlled towers in Revelations.

Originally Posted by souNdwAve89 Go to original post
    lol, same with Caterina screaming that when she rode off. And how the Turkish Assassin would hang huge banners with an Assassin symbol on controlled towers in Revelations.
    Honestly, Brotherhood's story, while introducing some interesting elements that haven't been touched on since, really cheapened the series. It was basically, an summer action, popcorn flick. Explosions, danger, cliched villains, plot twist, like DUDE WHOA.

And Ezio was, essentially, turned into the Renaissance's answer to a dudebro.

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    After seeing what he did as a lead writer in Brotherhood... Ezio turned into a generic "hero" devoid of personality or any sort of character development, only really there to make up ridiculous plans that always work and always be in the right in every argument... some ethereal nothing with Cesare and the animus story ending that made no sense...

The only thing satisfying about Brotherhood was the modern story. And then he did similarly weird stuff with Far Cry 3's story. Him being the lead writer wouldn't exactly make me happy. I hope he's just focusing on his JRPG inspired game. no offense, but I think his style of writing is far more suited to that genre.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►