Forum FAQ and Q&A

Forum FAQ and Q&A

This thread is designed to help people with the forum transition by answering questions as best I can. I may not have answers to everything, or the relevant information to provide an answer for certain things, but if I can provide solutions, then I will do so.

Please note: This is NOT a thread for discussion or feedback. This is simply a place to get an answer on how to do something specific. There are currently other threads available for feedback and discussion.

Why is there a permanent captcha system required for posting?

The captcha system is an anti spam security measure and is NOT permanent. I don't have a timescale/post count/etc for when it disables, but it DOES disable.

Where the heck is my thread?

Post in the I lost a thread... thread,,, and I will do my best to find it for you, unless you can find it using the search function beforehand. All threads have been migrated, so your topic/thread is not lost.

Why can't I change my user display name?

This is a known issue at the moment and is being investigated.

This should now be rectified and you should have the option available to use your username from the previous RL forums if you so wish.

I don't like the look of the forums. Can the theme be changed?

Over the next few weeks there are changes and adaptions planned to polish various aspects and finalize the details on the design scheme.

My thread title updates don't show. What gives?

This is being investigated, in the meantime feel free to PM me any thread title changes you want made and I will oblige as soon as I can.

How do I get more than one quote into a post?

You can use the multi-quote button in the bottom right corner of a post to add it to a reply. Then click "Go Advanced" to make your reply.

Where is the "My posts" option?

If you go into settings at the top of the forums, you will see any new posts in threads you have subscribed to. You have various options to receive an email update for replies as well, or it can be set to control panel only and will only show up when you click settings. You can also select "My subscriptions" to access these threads, even if there are no new responses in them. Posting in a thread should auto subscribe you, though you can also manually subscribe when viewing a thread.

Where has "Active topics" gone? I don't want to see new stuff for all forums, only Trials.

This is being looked into.

Where has webchat gone?

There is a temporary fix in place at the moment that allows you to access webchat. Please check this thread for info. Updates to the forum!

Where are my Private messages from the RL forums?

Please look at this thread for the answer: Updates to the forum!

When will my post count be restored?

Post counts are currently in the process of updating and will filter hrough constantly from now on.

I can only have one video in each post, how can I get round this?

For the time being, its recommended that you try and use a playlist instead of embedding multiple videos.

My RL account hasnt been merged with my Uplay account, what should I do?

Please follow these steps and if you still have issues, then contact me via PM and I will have it looked into for oyu.

1. Log out of the forums
    2. Navigate to a different website (google.com or something)
    3. completely clear browser history, cookies/cache/stored passwords.... all of it.
    4. Visit http://forums.ubi.com and log in to Uplay account.
    5. Navigate to http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.p...RedLynx-Studio the pop up for linking should appear for users who have not merged.

RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Nicely done.

When am I going to get my post count restored, and when will the 'redlynxmergeuser' be gone?

Originally Posted by InfernoTrials Go to original post
    When am I going to get my post count restored, and when will the 'redlynxmergeuser' be gone?
    Post counts are currently in the process of updating and will filter hrough constantly from now on. Its just a case of waiting for the system/database to get to your name and update it.

redlynxmergeuser may be there as the original poster permanently, but I'm really not sure. I'll try and look into that once other higher priority issues are resolved.

Johkr's Avatar Community Developer
    This is awesome, Barry. Nicely done and thanks for posting this.

Originally Posted by InfernoTrials Go to original post
    RLMergeUser is the account used to merge posts when you link your account. Essentially, when you link accounts, posts are reassigned from RLMergeUser to your account.

Ohhh ok. Thanks guys

can we make it so the forum shows date in dd/mm/yy instead of mm/dd/yy?, couldn't find it

Originally Posted by sparkierjonesz Go to original post
    can we make it so the forum shows date in dd/mm/yy instead of mm/dd/yy?, couldn't find it
    Not as far as I'm aware, at least, I cant find a way to do it either.

i think the TRIALS forum are way to buried in here.
    When logging in im directed to a ubisoft forum start-page with 12 picture links.
    There are no TRIALS FORUM picture, OK.... there are a button down there saying "more forums"... so i click that
    A list in alphabetical order appear, my first intuitive reaction is to look for "TRIALS".... but there is no Trials....
    I happen to know that its RedLynx that got the trials games series, and yes, there it is.. among the other forums starting with R

With FUSION coming up and a lot of new users flocking to the forum... i would think they might have some trouble finding this place?

I THINK this is something that RL and Ubi may be discussiing, but I'm not too sure. Bit above my pay grade I'm afraid! lol