D2Dahaka's Avatar Senior Member

General Suggestions

A place to post Some general suggestions (that may not only apply to PC). Here are just a couple for starters:

* HUD customisation with the bare minimum of opacity options. Very helpful for people with plasma displays who want to have extended play/editing sessions.

* Hide the mouse cursor during gameplay to save the user having to move it out of the way. Only should be visible on menu screens and when the game is paused.

- I feel there should be more indicators for challenges so the players know if they should restart, if say they touch a red ramp that they aren't supposed to touch for a challenge.
    Above suggestion by ConfusedMuscles.

*I want to be able to skip ahead in checkpoints on every track (like you can on evo license tests), this will make it easier to practice certain sections of tracks without having to redo everything leading up to the point over and over again. This will also maybe keep ninja track creators from needing to upload single CP versions of all their tracks. (obviously when you skip a section it activates a practice mode or something and doesnt record your run at all.

*Add an option to enable disable mouse display

*Make it so you can fast forward replays faster, and or add rewind functionality (Edit by D2: And slow them down)

*Allow us to view replays of a track without having to exit the track

*Add a popup notification to let you know when you have failed a challenge for challenges like "pipe phobia" and "they belong to the mafia" so you dont have to finish the track to know you made a mistake, this will also let you know exactly where you are

*Remove the 3,2,1,Go start from a track after the very first reset

* Need more customization options for bike and rider
    Above suggestions by Vantier. Please see his thread for a complete list of his findings.

Record best skill game score/time even if player restarts. Example of how this is useful:

I was playing the balance skill game and got my best score ever. Just as I was about to finish I instinctively pressed the b button and my score was not recorded in time. In this scenario the score should have been saved regardless of my itchy b button thumb.

came here to report the point D2 made in the OP about hiding the mouse. That would be awesome, especially for us dudes who like to record gameplay

My Suggestion:

1: indicator for Tracks wich contains a Squirl
    2: acces to all tracks so we can test everything
    3: faster loading for bike selection
    4: in the BIG AIR challenge, the info tells u to just press (Y) to bail out at the end of the ramp, it doesn't say u need to press Left and right for extra bail out speed.
    5: Auto recommended settings for graphic etc

Originally Posted by D2 Dahaka Go to original post
    Record best skill game score/time even if player restarts. Example of how this is useful:

I was playing the balance skill game and got my best score ever. Just as I was about to finish I instinctively pressed the b button and my score was not recorded in time. In this scenario the score should have been saved regardless of my itchy b button thumb.
    they shoul just fix the b button entirely
    like i suggested in this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...s-about-Fusion
    because its horrible in all skillgames

I find it hard to lean left or right at 100% on a controller, especially when the left stick on the Xbox 360 controller is in such an awkward position. I don't care if it's more ergonomic if I can't tilt it left or right accurately.

I suggest that the left stick would calculate the distance from the center rather than having only the horizontal movement count.

If, for example, you would tilt the stick as much as you can on the green area, it would count as 100% leaning to that direction. The white area would have it smoothly transition to the other direction. It would be even better if the angles were adjustable in the settings.

mutetus's Avatar Trials Developer
    There is a small delay between failing and ending the skill games to give player time to press B if they got a bad score (which is especially useful for grinding short games like big air). Just because people don't have time to wait the 3...2...1 every time, remember? Unfortunately there's no way to fix slippery B fingers Also, telling the players how to exactly bailout in big air would require quite a long description. It's just physics, use the momentum and bike suspension wisely and bail out in the sweet spot (when shifting weight forward and suspension exerts the most force).

Reverse replays are impossible since the replays are based on player input and physics cannot be reversed. Same kind of thing with faster forwarding, every step between must be calculated and would cause instability.

JoeRegular's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mutetus Go to original post
    Reverse replays are impossible since the replays are based on player input and physics cannot be reversed. Same kind of thing with faster forwarding, every step between must be calculated and would cause instability.
    This is the first time this question has been answered where the fans can see it by a Dev ever as far as I know. It might not seem like much Mutetus but simple answers like this are appreciated on a massive scale by a lot of us here. The 'rewind replays' question has been asked ever since HD.

Maybe some of these community staff members could/should have been collecting techy questions and trying to find Devs who could answer them.