morrillo's Avatar Senior Member

Tyre Glitches and Broken Replays rear their ugly heads again, oh no

[ Sorry to post about this again, but I absolutely believe this deserves it's own thread (for discussion) and have found more reports since mentioning it earlier. This is intended not to report the problem (otherwise I would post it (again) in the support section), but for people to discuss it (hence General Discussion section) ]

There are now more than one report of both Tyre Glitches and Broken Replays in the Fusion Beta (yes, I know full well what Beta means).

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post9883257

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post9880573

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...itched-Replays

to name three separate reports.

I am dismayed but not overly surprised to see these...and given the amount of times these two issues were reported and berated in Evo and HD I am not expecting these to be fixed between now and the game going gold.

In a game where leaderboards/'lap times' are at the center of much of what makes it special and gives it longevity, these are two issues that seem rather important to me.

Your thoughts?

JoeRegular's Avatar Senior Member
    Honestly I had no expectations of these being fixed. I know Anba didn't like my 'revamped' comment but this is what I was referring to. The game has not been built from the ground up, while it is not 'just a re-skin' it does appear to share a vast amount of Evo's foundations. Some of those foundations needed some attention.

Broken replays should've been addressed, tyre glitches get confused with badly placed custom collisions a lot I feel.

Trying to reserve full judgement till I get hands on though.

xzamplez's Avatar Senior Member
    My thoughts? They don't care about the impact these glitches have on the game. Proof? Trials Fusion.

They will most likely use the "beta" excuse, then the game will release, and the glitches will still be there.

While i cant comment on tire glitches because their could be a million causes.

The replays arent video files, from I what can tell they are just playbacks of your inputs. So either you inputs aren't being recorded correctly OR a very small "glitch" occured during your run that although seemingly unnoticable to you at the time, when it plays back your inputs exactly as you input them, the same "glitch" doesnt occur, and thus the replay falls out of sync AKA glitches.

The fact that replays exist at all is a miracle and i dont think this is a problem that can ever be fixed, and i dont fault redlynx for it

In the future i would try to refrain from being so negative with your posts guys, if i was in redlynx position i wouldnt even bother responding to these posts.

xzamplez's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Vantier Go to original post
    While i cant comment on tire glitches because their could be a million causes.

The replays arent video files, from I what can tell they are just playbacks of your inputs. So either you inputs aren't being recorded correctly OR a very small "glitch" occured during your run that although seemingly unnoticable to you at the time, when it plays back your inputs exactly as you input them, the same "glitch" doesnt occur, and thus the replay falls out of sync AKA glitches.

The fact that replays exist at all is a miracle and i dont think this is a problem that can ever be fixed, and i dont fault redlynx for it

In the future i would try to refrain from being so negative with your posts guys, if i was in redlynx position i wouldnt even bother responding to these posts.
    That has never happened before, so you're simply speculating. As soon as a replay falls out of sync, the rider crashes. This is a tire glitch.

It's not a miracle at all. If games like Halo can have a perfectly functioning replay system, so should Trials. We should be frustrated, because tire glitches/collision issues has made a huge impact on competitive Trials (like End Of Assembly losing TWC because of the infamous wooden ramp on Fishy Business), so to see that it's still here shows a complete lack of care.

They'd rather sugarcoat a partially broken game with FMX and challenges, rather than fixing its problems.

TeriXeri's Avatar Senior Member
    A big thing I noticed in fusion is that the wheels are often sunken in objects/terrain, moreso then evo, not sure if its bad collisions or terrain mods.

Example locations:

- Start of Deep Freeze, you clearly notice the bike start is actually inside the ground, and then gets repositioned at the start moment, and the first metal container/ramp thing, the bike really sinks into and it looks odd.
    - 2nd white ramp at Turbine Terror that goes over the water pool (right after start), your bike sometimes seems to snag its wheels instead of rolling properly, it's highly inconsistent depending on speed and bike stance.
    - Fallen tree logs, I had a wheel snag for no reason on a supposedly flat/angled log.

As far as replays, imo it's a fundamental part of Trials, if they don't function they just shouldn't be there at all, either they should work 100% or they have no point and I wasn't happy seeing that most replays I tried to watch to check better runs just are bailed rider shots and there is nothing positive about those as they aren't useful at all.

Fundamental gameplay of Trials games, is trials mode still, and big part of competition are leaderboards, top runs with broken replays to me seem just bland statistics instead of like watching a proper replay and think "wow, he really got some slick skills and creative way to navigate this obstacle/track faster then others".

IImayneII's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TeriXeri Go to original post
    - 2nd white ramp at Turbine Terror that goes over the water pool (right after start), your bike sometimes seems to snag its wheels instead of rolling properly, it's highly inconsistent depending on speed and bike stance.
    This is one of the most inconsistent ramps in all the tracks imo and I can't believe you are the first one complaining about it. I already recorded some footage I will upload when I have time to show how flawed that ramp is. I can't understand pro-speedrunners aren't complaining about this ramp to be honest, it's almost like hardly anybody noticed it...

morrillo's Avatar Senior Member
    The glitch is in a game made by RL, so they are the only ones who could fix it. If you don't fault RL for it, then who?
    Having spent countless hours with 1000+ posts on the RL forums, promoting their game and making hundreds of videos on YT, creating a database for them of over 2000 tracks since day one of Evo, I think that earns me the right to discuss and point out issues that have been there for 3 iterations of their amazing game.

Originally Posted by xzamplez Go to original post
    That has never happened before, so you're simply speculating. As soon as a replay falls out of sync, the rider crashes. This is a tire glitch.
    What are you even referring too here? I think we agree?

Originally Posted by xzamplez Go to original post
    It's not a miracle at all. If games like Halo can have a perfectly functioning replay system, so should Trials.
    Halo and Trials "replays" are COMPLETELY different.

1. Halo "replays" are actually video files (of a sort), so its impossible for them to "glitch".
    2. Why doesnt redlynx do this then you might ask? Well notice that a halo "replay" can take up several megabytes per file, whereas im pretty sure trials replays take up no more then a megabyte (although i would estimate siginificantly less then that).

Notice that in halo you had limited storage (file share) for uploading these "replays"? Thats because it is not reasonable for them to just automatically record every game ever played and made available for the whole world to download, as trials does, Because storage and bandwidth requirements for something of that scale would be Outrageously expensive, which is why you have to pay to upgrade your fileshare in halo.

So Halo went the route of perfect accuracy but only letting you store 6 replays, before having to pay a yearly subscription, and even then i think it was only 24 max.
    Redlynx decided to go with the all inclusive and free, but less than perfect solution you see now.

Im not arguing for one or the other, im just saying, to compare the 2 is rediculous and 100% accuracy is impossible with the current format redlynx has chosen. Thats not to say steps cant be taken to improve the current accuracy rate.

iStriide's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by morrillo_ Go to original post
    The glitch is in a game made by RL, so they are the only ones who could fix it. If you don't fault RL for it, then who?
    Having spent countless hours with 1000+ posts on the RL forums, promoting their game and making hundreds of videos on YT, creating a database for them of over 2000 tracks since day one of Evo, I think that earns me the right to discuss and point out issues that have been there for 3 iterations of their amazing game.
    Preach it my *****! lol. Come on with the censory. Can't even say nikka.