First impressions

Got my key few hours ago, played it for about 90 min all in all.

First of all, it doesnt feel like a beta, its extremely stable, looks more like a teaser, a demo if you want.

Technical issues:
    Only issue I encountered is when disabling vsync. With vsync on it stays at 60 fps, disabling it the game still runs at 60 but with clipping and tearing gfx issues. Turning vsync back on solves the problem.

Gameplay and content:
    The game looks and plays good and I look forward to the rest of the content and theres little of it in the beta.
    All tracks can be completed with gold medal under 30 minutes cause only easy tracks are included, you could have mixed a bit like 6 easy, 4 mid, 2 hard and 1 extreme if you asked me. I get it, it's just a bonus for us that preordered but after an hour in there's not much to play except climbing up a bit on the leaderboards. FMX moves seem to be disabled and some challenges in tracks cant be completed cause of the locked content.

All in all, looks to be another great Trials game, bit shame that you chickened out on beta content but props for not delaying the PC version.

Johkr's Avatar Community Developer
    Thanks for your feedback Dallaboo!

And glad to hear you are having a pleasant experience so far. I did want to address one of your concerns on content. If you go into your "Career Mode" you will see that the "Urban Sprawl" event will be unlocked on April 5th. Following that, the "Cactus Challenge" will be unlocked on April 12th. So we have a lot more content in store for this Beta, but will be rolling it out in phases.

Hang tight!

Originally Posted by dallaboo Go to original post
    Got my key few hours ago, played it for about 90 min all in all.

First of all, it doesnt feel like a beta, its extremely stable, looks more like a teaser, a demo if you want.

Technical issues:
    Only issue I encountered is when disabling vsync. With vsync on it stays at 60 fps, disabling it the game still runs at 60 but with clipping and tearing gfx issues. Turning vsync back on solves the problem.

Gameplay and content:
    The game looks and plays good and I look forward to the rest of the content and theres little of it in the beta.
    All tracks can be completed with gold medal under 30 minutes cause only easy tracks are included, you could have mixed a bit like 6 easy, 4 mid, 2 hard and 1 extreme if you asked me. I get it, it's just a bonus for us that preordered but after an hour in there's not much to play except climbing up a bit on the leaderboards. FMX moves seem to be disabled and some challenges in tracks cant be completed cause of the locked content.

All in all, looks to be another great Trials game, bit shame that you chickened out on beta content but props for not delaying the PC version.
    Thank you dallaboo,

This is very important for us to get your feedback.

About technical issue, we will investigate how to improve game stability with Vsync being disabled.
    But that's that's great that you have 60fps It's actually locked to 60fps

Ok, so you finished all tracks...that's great And what about Track Challenges?

FMX are disabled that's right, but you will be able to test it on April 5

It's ok, I dont mind waiting till april for more content, I'm happy that we don't have to wait till 2018 for PC release. I dont have much complaints really besides the low track count and their low difficulty.
    A question tho, is multiplayer going to be enabled during the beta phase?

Was planning to post some screenshots to show the bros how the game looks like but I found this british guy doing a beta playthrough, so if someone wants to see how the game looks like and plays check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbdG16-XRS4

aondw's Avatar Junior Member
    My feedback so far:
    • The game is stable, the Fps are ok.
    • There are too little graphic options for a PC game.
    • Fps seem to be locked to 60 even without v-sync, not really a problem
    • The loading times are too long atm
    • Some bigger fonts look pixelated
    • No "stats" for the bikes
    • Graphics are ok, not too fancy, not too bad if you don't get too close.
    • Gameplay awesome as always
    • Yes I know its a beta

Some glitches I caught while playing.

Jumping over that ice wall was a bit too heavy so his tire got stuck and the bike wouldn't move.

Playing mr. Fantastic and merging with the bike. Also had this happen once before in the level from the previous screenshot, seems both happen after you jump over that ice wall.

No chrashes or slowdowns yet. Playing with everything on high @1080 res on i7, 16gb ram and 7950/3gb ram. Win7 64 bit.

Johkr's Avatar Community Developer
    Thanks for sharing these, Dallaboo.

Ch4er0n's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok, hoping Fusion full release is substantially different from PC beta, because there are some serious, and some minor flaws that need addressing.

1. Tire Glitches
      This is without a doubt the biggest problem in the game so far. Different people I have talked to have experienced different levels of frequency of tire glitches, but all agree they are present. It has been my experience that they are substantially more frequent than in Evolution. Some of mine can be attributed to imperfect landings, but there have been enough times when I have been cruising along at high speed on a smooth ramp, and been bounced around for no reason, wheeling over a ramp to maintain momentum (only back tire down) and had my speed suddenly reduced, and wheels generally catching on terrain that should be otherwise smooth. The community has been very vocal about this problem throughout Evo, and I am thoroughly dismayed to see it so prevalent in Fusion.

None of mine have been quite this epic, but still run ruining: Sandy's Tire Glitch Video

2. Broken Replays
      Well, Day 1 of Beta and already many of the top replays I have looked at have broken. For those unfamiliar as to what this means, midway through the replay, at any random point, the rider will crash and what is displayed on screen is not what matches the controller input symbols in the bottom right, or what the player did in his/her run. Once again this is an old Evo problem that I would have thought would be a priority to fix for the new Trials installation.

3. Bugged Leaderboards
      Take a look at the global scores on PC beta. After less than a day of live trials score calculations are already totally screwy. Glitches like this ruin the integrity of the competition inherent in Trials, and for game longevity, need to be addressed.

4. Restart Functionality
      Pressing the restart button sometimes functions as it does in Evo, where you get a Ready! Go! command. Other times it goes Ready! 3, 2, 1 Go! This should probably be standardized, much preferably the first option. There is also the capability to double restart if you press the select button twice, triggering the full countdown again, whereas in Evo this was not possible. The Evo method is much nicer to use.

5. Customization
      I do hope that since this is a beta we do not have access to full bike and rider customization, because the current system affords FAR less options than those given by Evo. As it stands now, you can change the colours of two parts on your bike, rims, and body. Rims cannot be coloured individually, and cannot be customized individually (ie. same rim type on both front and back wheel). As far as the rider goes, you have 3 customization parts, head torso and legs, as opposed to the 5 (?) from Evo. In Evo a number of items had the option for different parts to be manually coloured differently (ie. goggles and helmet different, player determined colours). Fusion Beta has taken a step back in this regard, as with my helmet I can only colour the bandanna, and not the helmet itself. Come on guys, give us options, not just kits.

6. In Game Replay Loading
      Currently if you are having trouble with the line on a track and want to load up a replay, you have to exit your track, then go to leaderboards, then load a replay. Back in Evo, you could just load up leaderboards from the track and pick a replay to watch, and you were given the warning that your progression would be lost if you loaded a replay. Please bring this back. It is a much smoother system to use.

I'm certain my list will expand as I play a bit more, but this was what really stuck with me. I will note that some features are great, like the notification system if one of your friends beats you on a track, the challenge system is really cool, and the tracks are all lots of fun to play. (Don't really like Dirt Derby, but that's just me.)

I sincerely hope that there is still time before full launch to fix some of the issues that players have brought up from the beta. Everyone wants to see Trials Fusion be the best Trials game yet.

My first impression were that the game looks very pretty and the soundtrack doesn't offend my ears.
    The loading times are a bit long, which would add to the frustration when accidentally pressing A instead of restarting the track.

So I start the first training track, and at the very beginning, try to move backwards just to check if there are any easter eggs on the left.
    But the bike doesn't move. I can go forward, and now I can go backwards.
    I restart from the beginning, try to get the bike to move while not touching the right trigger on my controller and this happens:

The backwheel is supposed to rotate in Z-axis, not X-axis. It made a full rotation, which I wasn't able to repeat. When I tried, I could only get it up to where it's in the screenshot above.

There's also a glitch in the bike selection screen, where if you change the selection while zoomed out and zoom back in, it will zoom in to the previous bike.

aondw's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Ch4er0n Go to original post
    Ok, hoping Fusion full release is substantially different from PC beta, because there are some serious, and some minor flaws that need addressing.

1. Tire Glitches
      This is without a doubt the biggest problem in the game so far. Different people I have talked to have experienced different levels of frequency of tire glitches, but all agree they are present. It has been my experience that they are substantially more frequent than in Evolution. Some of mine can be attributed to imperfect landings, but there have been enough times when I have been cruising along at high speed on a smooth ramp, and been bounced around for no reason, wheeling over a ramp to maintain momentum (only back tire down) and had my speed suddenly reduced, and wheels generally catching on terrain that should be otherwise smooth. The community has been very vocal about this problem throughout Evo, and I am thoroughly dismayed to see it so prevalent in Fusion.

None of mine have been quite this epic, but still run ruining: Sandy's Tire Glitch Video

2. Broken Replays
      Well, Day 1 of Beta and already many of the top replays I have looked at have broken. For those unfamiliar as to what this means, midway through the replay, at any random point, the rider will crash and what is displayed on screen is not what matches the controller input symbols in the bottom right, or what the player did in his/her run. Once again this is an old Evo problem that I would have thought would be a priority to fix for the new Trials installation.

3. Bugged Leaderboards
      Take a look at the global scores on PC beta. After less than a day of live trials score calculations are already totally screwy. Glitches like this ruin the integrity of the competition inherent in Trials, and for game longevity, need to be addressed.

4. Restart Functionality
      Pressing the restart button sometimes functions as it does in Evo, where you get a Ready! Go! command. Other times it goes Ready! 3, 2, 1 Go! This should probably be standardized, much preferably the first option. There is also the capability to double restart if you press the select button twice, triggering the full countdown again, whereas in Evo this was not possible. The Evo method is much nicer to use.

5. Customization
      I do hope that since this is a beta we do not have access to full bike and rider customization, because the current system affords FAR less options than those given by Evo. As it stands now, you can change the colours of two parts on your bike, rims, and body. Rims cannot be coloured individually, and cannot be customized individually (ie. same rim type on both front and back wheel). As far as the rider goes, you have 3 customization parts, head torso and legs, as opposed to the 5 (?) from Evo. In Evo a number of items had the option for different parts to be manually coloured differently (ie. goggles and helmet different, player determined colours). Fusion Beta has taken a step back in this regard, as with my helmet I can only colour the bandanna, and not the helmet itself. Come on guys, give us options, not just kits.

6. In Game Replay Loading
      Currently if you are having trouble with the line on a track and want to load up a replay, you have to exit your track, then go to leaderboards, then load a replay. Back in Evo, you could just load up leaderboards from the track and pick a replay to watch, and you were given the warning that your progression would be lost if you loaded a replay. Please bring this back. It is a much smoother system to use.

I'm certain my list will expand as I play a bit more, but this was what really stuck with me. I will note that some features are great, like the notification system if one of your friends beats you on a track, the challenge system is really cool, and the tracks are all lots of fun to play. (Don't really like Dirt Derby, but that's just me.)

I sincerely hope that there is still time before full launch to fix some of the issues that players have brought up from the beta. Everyone wants to see Trials Fusion be the best Trials game yet.
    Definitely a very good post, I hope that they really fix stuff up to the release, since they did not really do that in Evo Gold.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►