Wi-Fi Connection closure & MotoHeroz Wii

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for Nintendo DS and Wii to end in May -Nintendo.com

MotoHeroz is not mentioned on compelete list of games losing online.
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gam...games-wifi.jsp
    Or did they forget to put MotoHeroz on the list?

jenkki's Avatar Trials Developer

Re: Wi-Fi Connection closure & MotoHeroz Wii

Hi Moto, thanks for letting us know about this. I will find out and get an update here when I learn more.

I'm still waiting for more info.

In the meanwhile. I tried today Motoheroz time trials and the game said "Could not connect to game server. Please try again later"

Originally Posted by motoristi Go to original post
    I tried today Motoheroz time trials and the game said "Could not connect to game server. Please try again later"
    Nevermind, that was just a temporary glitch, it's working again.

I don't think a confirmation is required about MotoHeroz time trials' fate. When choosing Online in the main menu, the game states clearly:
    Connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection...
    Please wait a moment...

Nintendo just forgot to put MotoHeroz to their death list.

I'll play MotoHeroz time trials until the server gets exploded.

By the way. I received a copy of Sinivalkoinen pelikirja book, which tells about history of Finnish video games. MotoHeroz was mentioned in the book and was praised.

I'm pleasantly surprised that MotoHeroz time trials is still working! I checked Smash Bros also and it had gone offline.
    Only explanation is that MotoHeroz is running from Red Lynx' own server, that doesn't need Nintendo Wi-Fi.

That's correct. The game server is running on our own hardware and currently there are no plans to discontinue hosting the game.

Hi. I noticed that the MotoHeroz server is down when I tried it today from my Wii.

I'm hoping that this is temporary - maybe something to do with the pandemic - but expecting that after all these years it's perhaps permanent.

Can anybody confirm the status of the MotoHeroz server?

Thanks and I wish you all well.