It really was a great time/game/adventure to share!

Let me introduce myself : i'm Hebus San, Benjamin IRL.
    I'm a 36 years old french guy (so please excuse my terribel english), and i'm a 1000 Heroz addict since day 23.

It has been a looooong way to finally reach the end of the road. I'd never thought i'll manage to get there, but here i am.
    29th is not that bad after all, but more than the final rank, there are a few things i'll remember for the rest of my (long, i hope) life :

-playing this fu$**ing game EVERY SINGLE DAY for 3 years.
    -trying to find wifi spots in foreign countries to have my daily race
    -asking myself "who the HELL is that "Nytmair"? Is he a human being? Rly?
    -answering to my kids, every evening "please, be quiet for about 10 minutes"."What are you doing dad?". "I'm playing the little running man"

We don't know each other, but nevertheless it seems to me we are a family. I've been playing videogames for more than 30 years, and damn good ones, but this one will definitely remains in my head, because it's so special... none of my friend ever understand why i kept playing it all these days, but i don't care.

So thank you Redlynx for giving us such a story to live and to tell for the years to come. And thank you to all the runners who shared those moments with me. I'll really miss you guys. Hope we'll meet someday. Take care.

And congratulations to Nytmair. You're a great player dude. As they used to say on NES system : "A winner is you".

Benjamin

Re: It really was a great time/game/adventure to share!

Ah, Hebus San... I remember you. We actually battled it out for awhile on the all-time global leaderboard many moons ago.

And yeah, Nytmair and the TOS crew are a bunch of robots that enjoy playing video games.

It was something great to play every day against/with you during 3 years .

I started playing around day 35 and i missed maybe 4 days since (no wifi connection , one day too sick to play)

my aim was the top 1000, then the top 100

actually i'm 101 and these 4 day missing are killing me .

that was a great adventure
    thanks to everybody and congratulation to nytmair

Bat

Nytmair's Avatar Senior Member

It had definitely been a fun journey. Thanks for the shoutouts folks

yeah for sure, i'll miss this game so much but i'm ready for the end. Its been fun getting to know the various TOS boys over the forums, even my girlfriend is aware of Nytmair, Rooky, Robz, Ichogginogg (FattMarr), Kressenstein, Onze, and before they left DonRene and my erstwhile arch rival Jimster71.

We've enjoyed the battles with the French boys Bengitou and the League Mondiale head to heads which was my personal favourite era, though the time costs were also high, fell out with the missus a few time over this period. Highly competitive times until the lean years when the accusations of 'late score posting', ungentlemanly conduct if you were, were levelled and the game fell into disrepute briefly.

We came back with the Olympic battle in 2012. There was the irresistable rise of ELM that year, but the relentless Borg-like progress of TOS, who i've mentioned but also Eise and Arse. The spat between Robz and Rooky, Rooky's hand problems which had a severe dent into his final tally, could he have won it? I reckon Nyt's wife and kids are the benefactors of that let up.

There must be a host of personal battles out there, i've had a few and i'm not sure if the other guy was even aware of these!!!

So only 40 mins to go, good luck everybody. I can't help thinking of you all in 24 hours time when its all but over, brings to mind TS Eliot's phrase

"this is how the world ends, not with a bang but with a whimper"

Will the final run be a fitting end to the 3 years hard labour, I hope so, all those mods we were hoping for, will they show up blah blah blah.

Bon chance tout le monde

Alvy Out!

Nytmair's Avatar Senior Member

I love you alvy haha. Awesome post

Big up, Alvy! Thanks for the great summary.

Also, nice one, Hebus. Why didn't you come to these forums earlier?

So, is anyone else joining today's Google Hangout with the devs? Check this link, find your correct time and be there! http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...17&p1=101&ah=1

Man i'll miss you guys, i see your monikers everyday and hadn't quite realised how much a part of my life you have all become, i know your real names Nyt and Kress so maybe our lives will cross paths bizarrely one day

Also shout outs to Arianj, Hige, Octo, Nebsies, Elm, skid, peach, Hobbs AND Nully wherever he may be

will attempt the hang out but am at work, so fingers crossed

Hi all,

I registered an account today just to say thank you to everyone who has played this game for the past 1000 days. I've been a gamer for most of my 32 years, and I've never loved a game quite like this. I started playing on Day 1, got the #1 time on Day 58 (an achievement I will forever be proud of), took a big break when the app stopped working for me (connection problems, etc.), and have been playing almost every day for the past several months as we've approached this final day (and almost got another #1 when I got #3 a week or so ago, which made me embarrassingly proud in a "I've still got it!" kind of way). : )

Having completed only 336/1000 days, I certainly can't compare to many of you who have never missed a day (or only missed a few), or have made the top 100 or top 10 overall, but beyond the stats and competitive aspect of the game, I am just so thankful to RedLynx for creating something that has become such a consistent, challenging, meaningful, enjoyable, and shared part of so many of our lives for the past 1000 days. Even when when the game wasn't working for me for a long time, I still loved it, thought about it constantly, and kept hoping it would be fixed somehow. I'm having just as much fun playing today's run as I did playing the game on Day 1, and that alone is a testament to how special this game is.

None of my friends understand why I'm still playing this game and how I can have so much fun restarting the same level hundreds of times, striving toward that perfect run, and my wife (who was still my girlfriend on Day 1!) is beyond excited that this is the final day and the game will finally be "over." She's always teasing me for "bobbling" so much (she refers to Heroz as the "bobble-head game"), and...basically can't stand the game at this point. >_<

I've also loved seeing the heavy-hitters dominate the leaderboards over the years. I don't know any of you, but names like Nytmair, Eisegete, RookyJ, TheRobZ, Arse, Hige99, NullRygar, PeachLover, Onze, PRGSkidMark, ArianJ and so many more feel like the names of old familiar friends rather than "strangers" whose names I've only seen on the leaderboard. It's been so much fun to see the intense competition at the top of the all-time global leaderboard, and I've watched so many of all of your replays over the years that I feel like I know you guys.

Congratulations yet again to Nytmair for finishing atop the mountain (and to RookyJ for being so thoroughly dominant), and congrats to all of us for discovering and playing a game that truly has no equal. I'm a huge fan of all RedLynx games, but Heroz is just...Heroz. : D I'm sure you would all agree that it's almost like equal parts that we were made for this game, and this game was made for us.

Thank you, RedLyx.

Cheers,
    Morgan (from Seattle, WA)