First track "Bridge SX"

Hello

Released my first track, nothing outstanding but hopefully fun !
    I've tried to make this sx track playable both online and local multiplayer (good local camera & enough checkpoints)

hope you enjoy, otherwise please tell me why and what you think could be improved !

Re: First track "Bridge SX"

I just tried this out. I'm still somewhat new to Trials and to its editor (only have 3 releases so far) so I might not have enough experience to give you really good advice, but here's my two cents.

This is really good for a first effort. The line (at least for the first player but it looks like it should be the same for the rest) has some tough flow but is pretty smooth when done right. Haven't yet run this in MP so I can't comment on how things play out there.

You've also clearly put some time into the look of your track. I've seen a number of tracks that don't change the environment settings or put anything at all in the background or use lights, so good job on that.
    That being said, I have a couple of issues with it:
    -The loop is floating in the air. It should have some visible supports, like the rest of the track does.
    -The objects on and off the driving line felt thrown together at times. There's one single cloud in the whole track and it's right above the finish, with rain. You've got almost every kind of ramp as well as air vents, air condensers, dumpsters, all kinds of crates, and picnic tables all being used to shape the DL. While you do have the bridge as the overall theme, I think it could be a bit stronger. Try to make all of your objects fit that theme -- stick to a few kinds of ramp, box, and plank, in this case -- it'll make it feel less like a collection of cool obstacles and more like an actual place.

You already have something pretty good, and I'm sure you can make something even better. Keep up the good work!

Re: First track "Bridge SX"

Thanks for the feedback !

A few answers and explanations:

all 4 lines are the same
    I like the driving line because it is rewarding for players that have a bit of skills, but is still rideable by anyone (even though it is not as fast)
    I guess this could be frustrating to some players but I tried to minimize this
    Judging from the few replays I watched I think an easier driving line would be more fun for people that like to just accelerate 100% of the track.

The floating loop is an issue I am aware of... I wanted to change this obstacle but didn't because I lack time these days....
    Without structure, the loop seems to float.
    With structure, either it becomes an issue because you cannot see the track under it, or the structure doesn't look realistic and it is even worse than no stucture at all
    I planned on changing this obstacle since I feel a loop doesn't have a great value when playing... you just accelerate and wait ! but again not enough time !

Objects seemed to all belong together in my mind for some reason... now that you mention it, YES it is a bit weird having all those on the track