1. #1

    Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    What's the point of trying to make a good hard/extreme track?
    I mean, it's so much easier to make a crappy, barely themed medium speed track right?
    You'll get hundreds more downloads and almost guaranteed 5* rating across the board...

    You can spend hours making a good hard/extreme tracks, for only a couple of people to even download it, and even fewer actually finish it.

    For example XxRajadoxX made an amazing track, very few people have downloaded it and even fewer have finished it.


    While a track with almost 90 degree bends and camera being obscured are given 5* - Rajado's track isn't even 5* rated! WTF! Recently played some crappy Sawmill Sprint track, wow, was that bad.

    Also what's with these crappy Wipeout tracks everywhere? It takes no f***ing imagination to basically copy paste obstacles from either the show or other wipeout tracks. Put physics on random obstacles? Check! Put random insta-fault traps? Check! Theme? Who cares it's wipeout right?! GO F YOURSELF. You and your stupid tracks. They make me so mad. By the way, the show becomes rather boring after you see one or two episodes and these s***ty tracks get boring even quicker.

    There should be a section for hard/extreme tracks in Track Central, because highest rated are full of crap right now. Most people are too noob or lazy to try anything which requires anything remotely close to effort, they just wanna hold down accelerator and get platinum to make them feel good. They can go play the 99471288 stupid basketball dunking skillgames.

    /rant? maybe, maybe
    Share this post

  2. #2

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    There are many fans of extremes and hards including myself on Xbox, preferably technical ones but people make technical tracks for the select few who can bust out an impressive run and use advanced skills, the majority of high-quality extremes on Xbox are highly rated because none of the noobs play the track and lazily rate 3*; the people who rate deserving tracks get through like 5*'s and some 4's. Harder technical tracks and ninjas have higher ratings, some of the highest rated tracks in Evo are ninjas and extremes, only a few thousand perhaps hundred can complete them. Usually on Evo it's the fun easy or medium maps that get highly rated high-quality or not, noobs see it as fun and desreving, when really there are more deserving creators than they think.
    In my opinion it is perhaps harder to make technical hard/extreme Driving Lines because it has to be pretty flowy and balanced, on the other hand you can fit more details in on Hards/Ex/Ninjas because the obstacle are usually closer together and the track Numerically is smaller, but that could also be a problem for optimization too, mediums can naturally have less detailed enviroments but there are some people who can be very good with optimization and control to cram things in. Im baffling on but this is just my opinion, i prefer extremes and hards because i can decorate to high-limits compared to others, so to summarise it....opinions.

    And for the hard/extreme feed, we didn't get anything like that on Xbox but it would be nice to seperate the content, that would only be useful though if there were actaully and good tracks rather than the odd 1 or 2 so often.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    LukeMSki's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    Guess what? It is never going to change. People have been complaining about this on Xbox for months and nothing has changed. So, you might as well save your breath.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Smeghead89's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    ratings mean absolutely nothing on track central, its like being given a 5 star rating from a bunch of monkeys and feeling good about it, having only 4 stars is not bad, look on the RLP feeds - rly not many 5 stars in there and these were chosen by redlynx, pretty much if a track is worth 5 stars be sure to expect only 4. The Elmonator seems to receive a lot of 5 stars and this is because he has found a good balance between pleasing the good riders with great lines and also pleasing the noobs with his crazy physics and so both types of riders will rate high for this, but make a great 5 star track with awesome line and scenery and you will inevitably be marked down by thousands of noobs that get frustrated by a pure trials type line. These noobs want crazy physics, huge monsters, aliens abducting you, uber fast enhanced bike engine, with smooth very easy flow where you will not crash or rly need any trials skills.

    basically DO NOT expect a 5 star rating ever because your chances are about 1 in 100 or 1000 even if you are a very experienced track builder. All you can hope for is that someone else recognizes its quality and nominates it for a RLP

    you will always have extremely great tracks right next to extremely rubbish tracks and we will never get rid of this rubbish, all we can do is try to help the great tracks out by nominating them for picks, none of the rubbish tracks will ever make it to RLP so think of it this way - while they beat us on the highest rated feeds they will never rly get any where other then that
    Share this post

  5. #5

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    Originally Posted by LukeMSki
    Guess what? It is never going to change. People have been complaining about this on Xbox for months and nothing has changed. So, you might as well save your breath.
    Wow. You have the worst attitude.
    So nothing happened so what? Does that mean we shouldn't at least try to get this implemented?
    Share this post

  6. #6

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    Originally Posted by smeghead89
    ratings mean absolutely nothing on track central, its like being given a 5 star rating from a bunch of monkeys and feeling good about it, having only 4 stars is not bad, look on the RLP feeds - rly not many 5 stars in there and these were chosen by redlynx, pretty much if a track is worth 5 stars be sure to expect only 4. The Elmonator seems to receive a lot of 5 stars and this is because he has found a good balance between pleasing the good riders with great lines and also pleasing the noobs with his crazy physics and so both types of riders will rate high for this, but make a great 5 star track with awesome line and scenery and you will inevitably be marked down by thousands of noobs that get frustrated by a pure trials type line. These noobs want crazy physics, huge monsters, aliens abducting you, uber fast enhanced bike engine, with smooth very easy flow where you will not crash or rly need any trials skills.

    basically DO NOT expect a 5 star rating ever because your chances are about 1 in 100 or 1000 even if you are a very experienced track builder. All you can hope for is that someone else recognizes its quality and nominates it for a RLP

    you will always have extremely great tracks right next to extremely rubbish tracks and we will never get rid of this rubbish, all we can do is try to help the great tracks out by nominating them for picks, none of the rubbish tracks will ever make it to RLP so think of it this way - while they beat us on the highest rated feeds they will never rly get any where other then
    Yeah I see that.
    Tzahrkiya has been making some really good T2SE ports, but i noticed most of his tracks are 4 star rated, some even 3 star! I think these idiots don't understand what T2SE is and maybe if they saw how accurate the remakes were, they'd appreciate it...

    Meanwhile on TC... HOLD ACCELERATE TO WIN - 5* - NEED MOAR
    Share this post

  7. #7

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    On xbox it's opposite. The crappy ninja tracks get highest rated while the good easy- hard tracks get nothing. It will get better once the players on PC get better.
    Share this post

  8. #8

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    Originally Posted by cristan10
    On xbox it's opposite. The crappy ninja tracks get highest rated while the good easy- hard tracks get nothing. It will get better once the players on PC get better.
    What do you mean crappy ninja? Like random obstacles to make the track difficult just for the sake of difficulty?
    Share this post

  9. #9

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    Originally Posted by mike8
    Originally Posted by cristan10
    On xbox it's opposite. The crappy ninja tracks get highest rated while the good easy- hard tracks get nothing. It will get better once the players on PC get better.
    What do you mean crappy ninja? Like random obstacles to make the track difficult just for the sake of difficulty?
    Ninja tracks with nothing more then an open space and boxes, for example.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    TheBlazeJp's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,263

    Re: Why make hard/extreme tracks?

    Originally Posted by LukeMSki
    Guess what? It is never going to change. People have been complaining about this on Xbox for months and nothing has changed. So, you might as well save your breath.
    I would like to think redlynx may eventually listen to the numbers. If we take our foot out nothing will even be considered.

    Purely on the levels of effort, amount of passion to the creator and sheer amount of time and attention to detail put into a track with an epic end result

    vs

    Leagues of mediocre 5/5 tracks which feature A-B hold down the accelerator to finish with obstacles thrown in with no real care or attention

    It's a shame that there are so many awesome tracks that get lost.
    I'm no expert but I would of thought it wouldn't be too hard to add a new category for both the Xbox and PC.
    Share this post