crazy_mike_8's tracks

Greetings.

You might have seen or played my previous track called "Bike Control (PROTO)". That was a prototype, and well I finally finished it.

Track is called: The scenic route
    Uplay name: crazy_mike_8
    Track Difficulty - Hard
    Tags: Technical, Themed, Scenic, Realistic

I've improved the original quite a lot, not only extending the actual track, but also adding a lot of detail to the already existing course. One major change I made is in the first section of the track.
    I decided to decrease the angle of the last reverse-wheelie slope, as I thought it was a bit too buggy - wheel would glitch and slip when approaching the top of the ramp. To compensate for this decrease in difficulty, I removed the "safezone" which previously existed just before that steep slope - now it's the way it was meant to be, all about that control!

Please give me any thoughts you have on the track!

Here's my The scenic route track:

================================================== ===========
    Alright guys, just released a new track, though it's a remake!
    It's called "The scenic route EM" - a MEDIUM track!
    Yes that's right, I went ahead and nerfed almost every obstacle. Why? Because I spent too much damn time making this track look pretty so I would like more than 8 people to finish the track... Anyhow, feel free to have a go, like I said, it's a considerably easier version of "The scenic route".
    EM = Easy Mode.
    Here's a run of the track by ikki59!

RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Re: The scenic route

It helps everyone out if you keep one thread for all of your tracks/skill games.

Originally Posted by ShiftySamurai
    It helps everyone out if you keep one thread for all of your tracks/skill games.
    I'll keep that in mind mate, just wanted to make a new thread for this track

LukeMSki's Avatar Senior Member

Originally Posted by mike8
    Just edit the title and OP to alert people of your new track. You can also bump the thread to get it into the active topics.

Originally Posted by LukeMSki
    Just edit the title and OP to alert people of your new track. You can also bump the thread to get it into the active topics.
    Hey man, I'll do that from now on, don't worry!
    Now how about go out there and try this track!

I liked this track, but I also have to critique certain aspects of it. First of all the part with the green planks is just hopeless for me and most riders. Those type of obstacles (if you can even call them that) are just not original or good at all. 2nd of all; as you see in my run, you put obstacles to close to each other so that you always have to back up. Also the obstacle with the Trials HD square logs is not bad, but a bit too repetitive and not unique. Now the good stuff. For this type of track difficulty I feel like the background is good ( especially for your 2nd track). You obviously use small details and put some effort into your tracks, to give it that special extra. I feel like you have a lot of potential, maybe next time get someone to test your track before releasing it. Overall, well done, gave you 5 * since it was decent and there are very few good tracks on gold right now

Edit: Also make sure that nothing stands in the way of your view on the DL.

Originally Posted by cristan10
    I liked this track, but I also have to critique certain aspects of it. First of all the part with the green planks is just hopeless for me and most riders. Those type of obstacles (if you can even call them that) are just not original or good at all. 2nd of all; as you see in my run, you put obstacles to close to each other so that you always have to back up. Also the obstacle with the Trials HD square logs is not bad, but a bit too repetitive and not unique. Now the good stuff. For this type of track difficulty I feel like the background is good ( especially for your 2nd track). You obviously use small details and put some effort into your tracks, to give it that special extra. I feel like you have a lot of potential, maybe next time get someone to test your track before releasing it. Overall, well done, gave you 5 * since it was decent and there are very few good tracks on gold right now

Edit: Also make sure that nothing stands in the way of your view on the DL.
    1. The green line ha.. Yeah... I know. I got bored on some crappy track and started wondering if I could make a track using that feature. I was actually going to try to implement reverse-wheelie bunnyhopping... Yeah...

2. I guess I didn't really notice that, when I was testing it I would usually start at the checkpoint before the obstacle, missing the initial "entrance" if you know what I mean.

3. Which obstacle do you mean? The repetitive with Trials HD logo? Do you mean the one with multiple box-logs near the lake?

4. I did my best to try to clear the DL. I tried clearing a bit of grass away from the DL to make the next obstacle bit clearer. The trees only really get into the view on 2 ocasions. One is on the bent pinetree - there was nothing I could've done to prevent that unfortunately, the second is the willow next to the lake. I could've moved this one, but I felt that the position of the branch wasn't really obscuring anything important and you could see ahead of yourself.

Anyhow, thanks for playing the track and for the generous rating!
    I'll keep these points in mind next time I'm building a track!

Am I correct in assuming green is back wheel only? How is this a Hard track?

Blastergamer's Avatar Senior Member

Hi mike,
    your track scenery looks very good, but, how I see in the the video and the posts, that this should be an exreme plus ninja tag on it, because you'll need to stand on front wheels and back wheels and then, there should not be some places where you need to reverse at a checkpoint.

LukeMSki's Avatar Senior Member

Originally Posted by LukeMSki
    Hey man, I'll do that from now on, don't worry!
    Now how about go out there and try this track!
    Sorry, I don't play on PC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►