🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative

Sony computer entertainment europe announce watch dogs exclusive gameplay content

Today, Ubisoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe announced that Watch Dogs, the highly anticipated open world action adventure title, will offer additional content only available on PlayStation4 and PlayStation3.

The exclusive content includes four extra missions, representing one hour of exclusive gameplay, as well as a unique White Hat Hacker Outfit. By playing this additional content, players will have a deeper knowledge of DedSec, a key and powerful faction in the Watch Dogs universe. Once complete, a Hacking Boost named Superior Capacity is acquired which gives players one additional Battery Slot.

The scenario takes place after Aiden Pearce, the vigilante hero of Watch Dogs, catches the eye of DedSec, a notorious hacker group fighting for freedom and security in the digital age. Aiden receives an encoded message asking him to help some members of this organization who want payback. Pearce must use his knowledge of Chicagos complex ctOS network to discover digital vulnerabilities in Umeni Technologies security network and earn his reward.

We are pleased to also announce that Watch Dogs bundles for both PS4 and PS3 will be available for launch in Europe, which include all of the Sony exclusive content.

Watch Dogs will be released worldwide on May 27, 2014 on PlayStation4, PlayStation3, Microsoft Xbox One the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Microsoft Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and Windows PC. The Wii U version will release at a later date.

Stay connected to Watch Dogs by visiting the official website, Facebook page and Twitter account.

For the latest news on Ubisoft collectible merchandise, please visit and like the page www.facebook.com/ubicollectibles.

GenialityOfEvil's Avatar Senior Member
    Bleh! Bleh I say!!

GaNjAdk's Avatar Member
    Exclusive content a.k.a. content cut from the full game, to make it ps3 exclusive

How about exclusive pc content?

I expect the same "exclusivity" like the Aveline Missions in AC4. Means on consoles this is only available on PS 3/4, but the PC is no console.
    I think this, because they are announced this some months ago in exact with same way by AC4, and they are finally also available on PC (since release).

So relax, Im sure it will be available for PC.

bullybeef1973's Avatar Member
    My guess is, PC users may have to foot a bill for later DLC [extra] content like PS versions.

As a PC gamer who has pre-oredered since the spring of 2013, you can see that this 'PS4 Exclusive content' are also available for the PC editions. So, dont worry about it.

Hey Mush.

So, I take it this going to be special content via download vouchers? And if so, will said content, for the PS4/3, be available for purchase later? Or even part of a possible "Season Pass"?

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hi,

Exclusive content, is normally accessed via a one use code, in the box - and these do sometimes have expiry dates - however it is normally a few months, if there is one in place at all.

I will see if we have any info about other methods of obtaining it - however it's normally something only available in specially marked packs, though I will see if we have any info available.

dragoy's Avatar Senior Member
    Mr_Shade what are we the pc playerbase going to get that is exclusive ???? And as this is not the missions from the dedsec edition does that mean there are infact an addition 60 mins of gameplay that is being refused to the pc playerbase and how can you justify such a move ?

OK, ignoring the exclusive content and jum,ping straight into the "graphics debate"......This game looks great to me and I love the whole story/gameplay ideas inplace. I for one, cannot wait to get it!