BCDraven's Avatar Member

BCDraven's Tracks *Custom EVO Tracks*

I will update this post as new stuff gets released, thanks to anyone who downloads and plays my tracks! I am open to any kind of feedback, your opinion will just help me to make better tracks! I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy making them!

Listed by release date, newest tracks are listed first in ascending order.
    ***Latest track is: Desolate Wasteland

GamerTag: BCDraven

Track Name: Desolate Wasteland
    Type: Trials
    Difficulty: Medium
    Tags: High-speed, Themed, Scenic

Medal Times:
    Platinum = 0 Faults :1:02.800 Time
    Gold = 1 Faults 1:14 Time
    Silver = 3 Faults 1:34 Time
    Description: Survival is your only thought in the Wasteland...Too bad the locals don't seem too friendly!

*New* I started this one over a year ago before my son was born and have been slowly building on it as I got some time. I had the theme and the ramps across the lake done for god knows how long and I didn't touch it again for probably six months ...but I think it turned out pretty well! Wasteland apocalyptic theme with custom death scene and ending. It's a fast run with some decent time savers and a whole lotta flowing jumps, enjoy!

Track Name: Dawn: A New Day
    Tags: High-speed, Themed, Scenic

Medal Times:
    Platinum = 0 Faults :1:20.500 Time
    Gold = 1 Faults 1:30 Time
    Silver = 5 Faults 2:00 Time
    Description: Take another romp through these backyards with improved jumps, bumps, and stumps. Final Cut!

Just an almost complete overhaul of Dusk. There was always something about this line that I really enjoyed and couldn't leave alone so I went back in and gave it some more attention. Made it Dawn, adjusted and added some obstacles, added more detail, and some background animations. It's mostly for me but others may enjoy it. It's not the greatest track since the line was from my first, but it's not the worst either...

Track Name: Mystic Cavern Pass
    Tags: Realistic, Themed, Scenic, Multiple Routes

Medal Times:
    Platinum = 0 Faults :58 Time{Secret ending will get you there quicker}
    Gold = 1 Faults 1:10 Time
    Silver = 5 Faults 1:30 Time
    Description: An ancient cavern has been uncovered. Hidden path, follow the flames. Two different endings!

VideoComing soon, maybe)

My second track. This track has a pretty easy to find but hard to hit hidden path, if your lighting up the torches you know your on the right path! It also features two different possible endings depending on which path you choose. I spent so long battling lag with this track and got it down to the bare minimum (but it still exists particularly in one part). I wanted to decorate the cave more...but I couldn't. If you take the regular path there is some good flow if you choose, or your path could be bumpy if not. Everything else functions like it should at last test and both the Scorpion and Phoenix had no problems getting through. Hope you enjoy, and leave some feedback if you play it.

Track Name: Dusk ReCut Extended
    Tags: Technical, Realistic, Scenic, Multiple Routes

Medal Times:
    Platinum = 0 Faults 1:48 Time
    Gold = 1 Faults 1:54 Time
    Silver = 5 Faults 2:08 Time
    Description: Dusk ride through various backyards. Re-cut and extended version!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPF8WnD4ji4 |Watch in HD|

Thanks to esoner (GT=reaxons) for the video and review. Visit his channel to see more custom tracks!

I started working on a new track, but there were some things that still haunted me from my first track that didn't quite work out as I had intended. So I found myself back in the editor trying to fix the problem since I understood the tools a little better. After getting it to work I thought, well I can't just do fixes and re-release that would be kinda pointless. So I decided to fix other small issues and extend the track past the original finish and make a sort of director's cut .

Track Name: Dusk Run
    Tags: Technical, Realistic, Jumps, Scenic

Medal Times:
    Platinum = 0 Faults 1:00 Time
    Gold = 1 Faults 1:16 Time
    Silver = 5 Faults 1:30 Time
    Description: First track, learning the editor. This is a ride at dusk through various environments and themes.

This track is me learning the ropes and how things work. I was going for a dusk setting and try to make all the pieces seem like they would naturally be there, exculding the two pre-made "ramps" I used . I also tried to make different sections as you go through like the warehouse, to the construction yard, to pond/lake, to farm, etc...There's not anything really tricky, but it does have some traps and obstacles to navigate. The tower that falls near the end I had problems setting up because of the angle and I still don't really like the speed it goes down in...but it was a learning experience with the tools to get it that far.

Comments, ratings, and reviews are welcomed! If I am ever able to get videos or screen shots I'll update the post with those.

BCDraven's Avatar Member

Re: BCDraven Custom Tracks [2 Trials Medium]

I decided to edit this thread for all my customs as I make them so they are in one central place. I started on a new track, but there were things about Dusk Run that just didn't work as I had originally intended. So I went back in and started tweaking the events to try and figure out why it wasn't working right. After making a break through I was like, well I can't just re-release the track with a couple fixes so I may as well rework some of the other parts and extend the track past the finish to make a sort of director's cut. So that's how Dusk ReCut Extended track unfolds.

Most of the old track is still there under the skin, I just gave it a make over in places and fixed some issues that was plaguing me. One area I changed the obstacles because I wanted the player to slow down more so they didn't slam into the next set like I had seen in replays, and another I just didn't like the look of so it got reworked. But it's basically the same it just seems different.

As far as the new route, I wanted to play with multiple paths that if you can make it one way you will have a better time on the clock but if not you had obstacles that slowed you down a bit. It worked out for both the Scorpion and the Phoenix so I was pleased with that. Other than that I liked the way the logs were like a half-pipe in the original (if you hit them right) so I made a fun little romp in the backyard to get some air time and, for the more skilled, flip opportunities.

I hope you play and enjoy them, if not tell me what you don't like . Look out for new tracks coming soon!

BCDraven's Avatar Member

Re: BCDraven: Custom Evo Tracks [2 Trials] (Video Added)

Added a video of Dusk ReCut Extended thanks to esoner (GT=reaxons) go check out his channel!

His review from youtube:
    Very interesting track.
    A lot of high speed sections with some good flow and also some good technical parts to the track.
    Im not usually a fan of altering the game camera to much and this track does that a bit , but to be fair it does not intrude on your riding, and cinematically looks quite cool. Each to there own on more 'animated' camera usage, but as in this track if it can be kept to sections where the only thing you need to do it keep the throttle on then, yeh, i think thats okay. 0:44 and 1:15 are good examples of this. Nice job.

Good job decorating the environment, the track is visually pleasing and i can see some effort has been put into that side of things. The car at 0:30 seconds was a really nice touch.

I enjoyed playing this track and will be returning to better my time for sure.
    There is what looks to be a big shortcut i am still yet to hit at around 1:38. You can see it as i jump down the hill.
    I think hitting that cleanly and the following section taking the top wooden beam above the crates i ride on, would have to give another 3 or so seconds?

Thankyou for the recommendations, im interested in seeing more of your tracks !

BCDraven's Avatar Member

Re: BCDraven: Custom Evo Tracks [2 Trials] (Video Added)

I just beasted my own track and took the top spot back (sorry esoner)! Time was 1:33 and 0 faults, if you ever wanted to know how to catch the flow in my track watch my replay. Sometimes the replay is bugged, but usually if you back out and start it back up it plays fine. I caught all of the shortcuts and even threw in some backflips for flair . I realize now that I was way too lenient with the platinum track times, but I still have fun just running this thing and trying to catching all the ramps perfectly!

Haha, I need to stay off TC and stop procrastinating on my next track .

Re: BCDraven's Tracks [Medium Trials] *Video Added*

Hey...
    I've only just noticed you on here.
    You friend requested me about a week ago on xbox.
    I'll check your tracks later...

Cruelty976

BCDraven's Avatar Member

Re: BCDraven's Tracks *NEW:Mystic Cavern Pass* 2 Diff Ending

New track uploaded, Mystic Cavern Pass. I'm going to refrain from posting a replay on the leaderboard either for a couple days or until someone can find the hidden path. I don't want to give it away and have everyone copy me day one . I hope to get a video soon if I can!

Edit: Holy Crap! Someone already hit the hidden path and second ending

emcee's Avatar Senior Member

Re: BCDraven's Tracks **NEW: MYSTIC CAVERN PASS** 2 Diff End

Just played it man..a well designed track looks good flows well in most places..a couple of places foiled me because i went too fast but thats not really a fault in the track. Its got a bit of screen tearing where there are a lot of complex objects in one place..have you tried turning the physics to decoration only it sometimes helps with that. Cheers man.

I agree with the emcee here- Good flow (especially in the cave, cool intrance too) and nice design. The lag was pretty bad on my end, especially outside. That was my biggest issue for sure. Nice work overall, looking forward to seeing more.

Gave this a quick run earlier and really liked the feel of it. Got bogged down in a few places though (due to not knowing the track and my riding) so want to give it another run to try and improve. Also, try to get a feel for the flow and see if I can find both routes. Nice work!

BCDraven's Avatar Member

Thanks for checking it out! Yeah I had a real nightmare with lag at the start as I built the back for some reason and I tried everything in my power to reduce it . Literally everything is set to decoration only not on the drive-line. I deleted the backside of the custom structures and pulled the draw distance way down in the 100's. In two spots I even tried area affectors that pulled the draw distance way down below 100, but it still lagged . Turned all the lights off, even on the bike, and even tried to make half the track invisible before and after you reach it. I just couldn't figure it out...

I think it has a lot to do with the custom structures I built for the look and in the worst spot how you can see the earlier part of the track in the background. There's also a fair bit of logic dictating the paths and turning things on/off, maybe a problem, I don't know? Hopefully for my next track I can learn what causes it and try to avoid it. I like decorating and building new visuals, but I have to find a balance somewhere in it