Host Freezing Privte/MP and Single Play

Whether it be in a public or private match. If I have a friend with me and I am the host the game WILL freeze up within 1 or 2 rounds. Even when we switch and my friend starts the lobby. PooF! He's gone in no time. It's not just an exit to the live dashboard. When the game freezes it is difficult to shut off the console. It usually takes a few pushes of the button manually. Then when the console starts back up everything is slow to recover.....?????

Occasionally this happens to me when I'm on single player as well but not as often and predictably as onlive.

Other than the freezing issue my friends and I love the game. You guys have done an outstanding job. I hope to see more dlc in the future. Thanks for such a great product.

Re: Host Freezing Privte/MP and Single Play

think the devs tested on wrong console lol

sipe's Avatar Trials Developer

Originally Posted by weepingplague
    think the devs tested on wrong console lol
    All of the Xbox games goes through heavy certification rounds before release by Microsoft.

All sort of hardware setups has been tested during certifications and we also have many all kind of dev/test kits generations at our office.

So you were aware of the freezing but chose not to care ? did you test the slim ? So its microsofts fault ?

sebastianaalton's Avatar Trials Developer

Originally Posted by weepingplague
    So you were aware of the freezing but chose not to care ? did you test the slim ? So its microsofts fault ?
    It has been tested on several slim revisions, and all worked fine on testing, and we have many of retail slim boxes at our homes too (working fine). Only a small minority of slim users seem to be affected. We are of course trying to find the issue, but so far it's been very hard to reproduce.

I don't know how it's difficult for you guys to reproduce. I play every night and it freeze's usually 5 to 6 times a night. I have 3 to 4 friends in a lobby set up a set of 5 to 7 races we usually get through 2 or 3 and then someone lags out so we exit invite them set up another set of races and then it freezes most of the time i have to unplug my xbox power cord from the console just to get the frozen picture off my screen. On some occasions multiple people freeze. On another note how is it that the people I play with all live near each other with the same 20something Mb internet and we get red an yellow ping?

sebastianaalton's Avatar Trials Developer

I created a thread for console freeze issues. Please report your issues here <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8823">viewtopic.php?f=84&t=88 23</a><!-- l --> . We need as specific information as possible to track these issues down. Thanks for your patience!