Stepping onto my soapbox about clans

At one point, I didn't really care about clans. I just played for fun. Still do, actually. Then this whole clan thing came along. While it's a cool idea in theory, I just looked at the top 10 for today and see a [COF] kill [TOS] name in there. I'm all for friendly competition, but when I see something like that, it brings memories of futball hooligans to mind. I could give a flying rat's *** if you are better than me in a given day. If you want to bring all sorts of cordial trash talk, go for it. When it starts getting like that, I now no longer care about clans. COF beats someone, great. TOS beats someone, great. Don't be jerk about it.

Oski's Avatar Senior Member

Re: Stepping onto my soapbox about clans

I never understood the point of "clans" in the first place. At the end of the day 1000Heroz is a All vs. All competition.

I'm with you on this one Rob. This was the crux of my argument when people started making up their own definitions of TOS. People don't know how to control themselves and keep things clean and civil. It just gets ugly and out of control as they try to "1up" each other.

RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager

People who use inappropriate things in clan tags, or in their usernames, should be dropped from competition for a week.

Just my thoughts.

Nytmair's Avatar Senior Member

Nothing wrong with clans, or using clan tags in order to identify yourself with your friends (like TOS does).. but using it to be malicious isn't cool. I'm playing this game to have fun.

Maybe we should calm down a little - as far as I know, the COF guys are nice and good sportsmen. Like in almost every competition, there's a healthy rivalry between both our teams, and I like how that spices things up and motivates us to give our best. We really shouldn't take it all too seriously. But also not too lightly of course - that "kill" tag thing wasn't necessary of course, but maybe it just got lost in translation. I give them the benefit of the doubt here.

yes I think it was not bad! I know a little of the COF, and it's just in a good spirit of competition even if I do not endorse these words!!
    Everyone talks about the COF and TOS but no one talks about (NIMOIS) LOL
    See you soon friends
    PS: (For moderators) if it offers ideas for the evolution of the game is what you tale account if relevant? Because I have many and many ideas ........!

This thread wreaks of troll bait IMO. Some times things are best left alone as any attention just gives the trolls motivation.

Originally Posted by TheRobZ
    I could give a flying rat's *** if you are better than me in a given day.
    I've beaten you on a number of days... when will I receive my flying rat's ***'s?

Originally Posted by arseiam
    This thread wreaks of troll bait IMO. Some times things are best left alone as any attention just gives the trolls motivation.

Originally Posted by TheRobZ
    I could give a flying rat's *** if you are better than me in a given day.
    I've beaten you on a number of days... when will I receive my flying rat's ***'s?
    Gotta love it when arse pops in to lighten the mood

Nytmair's Avatar Senior Member

I think I am going to change my name to [TOS] thoroughly enjoys the friendly competition and rivarly with [COF].

I'm so much more polite!