jook13's Avatar Senior Member

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5

Originally Posted by Starfire999
    I won't be buying this. I think it's beyond demented that people praise a franchise where driving over people, and illiterate, selfish, pot-smoking criminals are its twin icons.

Wow what a freackin' accomplishment.

Thats one way to view the series. I see the GTA games as a chance to play the role of a character in a story like Godfather or Scarface. These movies are considered classics by millions. Why should videogames be treated differently?

Yeah, the games are violent. They give players the choice. You can be as demented as you want in this game, running over ******s and beating up old ladies. But you know what? You can also play the game straight, enjoy the very well put together story, and explore the beautifully realistic city. You dont have to focus on the negative parts of the game. The games have some of the best production values in the industry and they contain more content than 99% of the games out there.

GTA 3 started a revolution in game design. Even Games like Tony Hawk copied the idea of exploring a giant overworld looking for challenges.

I doubt I will buy it for reasons mentioned in my previous post... but after watching that trailer, I dont know. The style seems to be amazing and it looks like it will have an awesome story.

I think Road Rash 64 is more violent than GTA. Why? Because you can spoke-jam a motorcycle going 300mph with a freakin BANANA!!! But I guess killing ******s, cops, and other innocent people is pretty violent too. But pretty much all popular games nowadays are ridiculously violent.

I wont be getting GTA 5 simply because the series never peaked my interest. I played San Andreas and 3 for a few hours each, but the games never made me want to progress the story. To me, it felt tedious.

Ye I agree that the storytelling is pretty good and the presentation is top notch. I don't admire anything else. I don't admire any of the characters in GTAIV (the only one I bought), so while I acknowledge the storytelling is good, you can see the irony.

I'd guess cod/mw has the most kills per minute in any game.. shocking

You can be as demented as you want in this game, running over ******s and beating up old ladies. But you know what? You can also play the game straight, enjoy the very well put together story, and explore the beautifully realistic city.
    That is the fun part of it

Heard this game would be distributed digitally, no more hard copies. I love the series and the trailer looks sweet, cant wait for it.

Anybody seen this yet?

cool

Originally Posted by KyoshiYozima
    I hope it's more like San Andreas.
    I agree, and I think it's confirmed to be in San Andreas.

I've played all the GTAs and San Andreas is definetly my favorite.

In my opinion, this game is the best in the world. I've played Far Cry, the Godfather, L.A Noire and still my opinion didn't change because nobody invented a better one. I'm playing always with cheats and modes for having a more interesting game. Sometimes we are connecting with friends and playing online the GTA 5 for android. It's very comfortable because with good 4g we are playing gta everywhere when we are bored. Maybe it's a little strange when 30-35 years old guys are playing gta but it is better than drinking alcohol or smoking ganja.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234