RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Re: Where is Lestropie?!

Originally Posted by Starfire999
    I doubt it. People have a belief he would bring a certain awe to Evolution. That's nonesense. We have world-class speedrunners and the lesser speedrunners also contribute to the community.
    We certainly do have some amazing players in this community, but people who watched Lestropie's runs back when they were the fastest times will always feel like he is THE Trials HD rider. It may not be fair to some of the great riders around now, but by doing all of the things he did in HD before anyone else, he truly did inspire people to try and do better.

Most of the fastest runs today use some variation of a technique that Lestropie pioneered. These are also the guys that are the most vocal about how BAD Lestropie is at Trials HD.

And you are correct, Lestropie doesn't want the spotlight. He acts in a humble manner, which only serves to make him a much more likable guy. Some people post every time they beat their previous time by 0.001 of a second. Lestropie didn't do that. He would talk to you and try to help you be a better player instead of saying "you are bad at this game", or "you suck".

He was the subject of a Game Informer interview where, instead of calling everyone noobs, he acted in the same humble manner that he used when dealing with everyone else.

He may no longer be The Best In The World at Trials HD, but he was a great ambassador for this community and I am actually sad that he doesn't come around that much. Some people could really learn from his example.

Anyhow, that is his legacy and why many people in this community are inspired by him, nothing that anyone who didn't know him says or does will change how people perceive him.

Sure, he's just a gamer, and this is just a game, but his legacy in Trials HD is assured.

Don't get me wrong. I too would like to see Lestropie blast from the past.

amazing reply shifty!

I sent Lestropie a private message not long back. He read it, so I don't know, show your love if you want him back.

Originally Posted by ShiftySamurai
    Originally Posted by Starfire999
    He was the subject of a Game Informer interview where, instead of calling everyone noobs, he acted in the same humble manner that he used when dealing with everyone else.

Interesting! I didn't even know this existed. I bought the game a little late, about Dec. 09, and didn't even join the community until much later.

Here is a link to the post with pictures of the Game Informer article -- http://www.redlynxtrials.com/forum/v...236dffdcbb0416

I have to admit, I find it almost humorous how he has such a 'common' name, but his skill is anything but common.

johnsalis's Avatar Senior Member

Well said Shifty

Originally Posted by WILLYUMZ
    please ignore the troll, its just trying to piss people off and grab the spotlight as usual.

Originally Posted by xIronWarlordx
    Well said Shifty
    +1

Ahh Lestropie...the good old days before I could even finish an extreme track! How times have changed...basically Lestropie is the Tony Hawk of Trials HD. He pushed the boundaries and people still remember him long after he has retired!

RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Exactly, I think that the Tony Hawk analogy has been made before. The Hawkman was the first to successfully land a 900, others have done better, but he pushed the boundaries for his time.

Same principle.

Some credit needs to be given to the current greats at Trials HD, like GSW, Murdoc, JJ, (and others) hell Kevin's meteoric rise on the leaderboards is another point of inspiration. Kev went up damned fast.

I just seen him on here