Re: 3D printing

I want one.

nannerdw's Avatar Senior Member

Ooh, neat. I've only gotten to work with one of these 3d printers once (the kind that uses plaster powder) , but as soon as the part was finished, I accidentally dropped it on the floor and broke it, lol. It's pretty fragile stuff.

Also, I didn't know Anba had a Youtube channel. sudb

RedLynxANBA's Avatar Trials Developer

Originally Posted by nannerdw
    Ooh, neat. I've only gotten to work with one of these 3d printers once (the kind that uses plaster powder) , but as soon as the part was finished, I accidentally dropped it on the floor and broke it, lol. It's pretty fragile stuff.

Also, I didn't know Anba had a Youtube channel. sudb
    This uses like string of ABS or PLA plastic so it don't shatter that easily. I guess that was more "pro" printer than this? Our is 3d Cube.

Yep.. i have oooold youtube channel it includes some videos made when Trials 2 Se was released and they got like 100 000 views
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbceGHDugeg

RedLynxANBA's Avatar Trials Developer

Also just a thought.. since trials is also creating and building.. what if i create unofficial ANBA competition that includes real life building something cool... winners get something custom as 3d printed. hows that?

Jarr3tt88's Avatar Senior Member

Redlynx, you guys should make 3D prints and sell of the rider and bikes I'd totally buy some! Maybe some editor objects....like the Shipping container

Originally Posted by ANBA
    Also just a thought.. since trials is also creating and building.. what if i create unofficial ANBA competition that includes real life building something cool... winners get something custom as 3d printed. hows that?

YES!

nannerdw's Avatar Senior Member

Originally Posted by ANBA
    I guess that was more "pro" printer than this? Our is 3d Cube.
    Yeah, it was one of these
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7h09dTVkdw&hd=1

I would love to get a DIY 3d printer kit to use at home, though I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it.

Blastergamer's Avatar Senior Member

I want an ANBA action figure and a Trials Evo Bike+Rider!

3d printers are going to change the world in the next couple yrs. On one hand i'm looking forward to the possibilities, on the other hand i'm also worried about more jobs lost to technology.

My dad wants to get one(3D printer) we assemble ourselves. I'm telling him to give it another yr. If i had money i'd be looking to investing in some of the companies that are involved in this.