Ninja Track Video Leaderboard

Ninja Track Video Leaderboard

Click here to view the Ninja Track Video Leaderboard.

(Right click and choose "open in new window" or "open in new tab" to keep this window open.)

Re: Ninja Track Video Leaderboard

PLEASE READ:

I've inherited the responsibility of managing these Ninja Track Leaderboards from jhop420 with his consent. If you'd like to add a new track or replay, please post a link in this thread.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Rules & Regulations:

Player Rules:

Utilizing alternate end points or design flaws that allow you to bypass 50% or more of a track will render your score and replay unfit for these leaderboards.

Overcoming obstacles using alternate and/or unintended methods is completely acceptable. Utilizing shortcuts whether intended or unintended, is also completely acceptable provided that in doing so you don't skip 50% or more of a track.

This means that pushing explosives out of your way like in Ye Scurvy Dog, Concrete Hell, or Certain Death is fine. Taking unintended shortcuts like in Hellzone is fine, because this only skips a few obstacles - far less than 50% of the track.

Creator Rules:

Once you have submitted a track to these leaderboards, please DO NOT update or modify the drive line!

Even if no one has uploaded replays yet, if the track has been sitting in the Pending Submissions for a while it's likely that a lot of players have it. This means that someone could very likely waste hours of time getting a good replay on an old version of a track only to find out that their replay doesn't count when they upload it because the track has been changed.

Making minor tweaks and adjustments to fix bad lighting, lag, etc. is perfectly fine. Even subtle tweaks to the drive line have to happen from time to time. Feel free to update scenery, lighting, etc to your heart's content. If you feel the need to update your track please try to have as little impact on the drive line as possible. The goal is to make sure that any existing replays on older versions of the track can still be considered legitimate, which wouldn't be the case if major changes are made to the drive line.

__________________________________________________ __________________

I know there's a lot of debate as to whether or not the "Level" system works, but personally I like it a lot, so it stays.

That being said, please feel free to speak up if:

- You have a link to a video of a new track you believe qualifies to be added to this leaderboard.
    - You think there is a track on this leaderboard that does not qualify as Ninja.
    - You think a track would more accurately fit into a different Level of Ninja.

Note that I will take your feedback much more seriously if you've actually played the track you're debating, or of course if you created the track yourself. The reason for this is that it's much harder to judge the difficulty of a track simply by watching a video of someone else playing it - An inexperienced player can make King of the Hill look like a Ninja track, while JJtheGerman makes Bounce look easy. 'Nuff said.

Re: Ninja Track Video Leaderboard

-BLAH-

willyums's Avatar Senior Member

Re: Ninja Track Video Leaderboard [Under New Management]

here is shadows run on Groundhog Never.

its ninja, id say the first group but i made it, so maybe others consider it harder.

nice job on the new list

New Tracks:

Bangin' by o SKUMBAG o added to Level 1, with replays by RedRider686 and Jarr3tt88.

Command Respect by o SKUMBAG o added to Level 1, with replays by RedRider686, JJtheGerman, Murdoc Loch, and jhop420.

Groundhog High by o SKUMBAG o added to Level 1, with replay by RedRider686.

Moonshine by xIRON WARLORDx added to Level 1, with his own replay.

Ninja Steps by Jarr3tt88 added to Level 1, with his own replay.

Fogged Up Night by QcChopper added to Level 1, with his own replay.

Hardkore by QcChopper added to Level 1, with replay by swifteh.

Idiocy by QcChopper added to Level 1, with replay by CypherDextrous.

What The F? by QcChopper added to Level 1, with replay by CypherDextrous.

What The H? by QcChopper added to Level 1, with replay by CypherDextrous.

What The S? by QcChopper added to Level 1, with replay by CypherDextrous.

Cameltoe by R0T IN added to Level 1, with replays by JJtheGerman and Murdoc Loch.

Zion Project by jhop420 added to Level 2, with his own replay.

Project X by HEETSAUCE added to Level 2, with replay by B0R15 0 BR13N

Hanging Clinker by QcChopper added to Level 2, with his own replay.

New Replays:

jhop420's replay on his own track, Corporate Ladder (Level 1) - 2nd place

Jarr3tt88's replay on his own track, Electroninja (Level 1) - 3rd place

Jarr3tt88's replay on Walkout by PuolukkaRasisti (Level 1) - 3rd place

I should note that I have played every one of the new tracks I just added myself, although I have yet to record and upload my own replays. I judged them all based on having played literally every track that was already on the leaderboards, and I did my best to add them to the most accurate difficulty level.

I would also like to make a special note about Command Respect by o SKUMBAG o:

I am aware that o SKUMBAG o himself claims that this track is not Ninja, but based on the vast number of both Extreme and Ninja tracks I've played, I really feel like it is. It took me just as long to 0-fault this track as it did for many of his other Ninja tracks like Astral Heat, Bangin', Citadel, and Groundhog High. I'm guessing it just seems easier to him since he created it. I'd be curious to hear opinions from other people who have played it though, especially if they have also played his other Ninja tracks.

Just to stress that I'm not trying to qualify every questionable track as Ninja, I agreed with other creators who disqualified their own tracks as Ninja after playing the tracks myself. Shallow Grave by JJtheGerman and The Logician by Murdoc Loch both used to be on these leaderboards, but both Murdoc and JJ claimed their tracks to not be Ninja, and I agreed. I think The Logician is a difficult Extreme track, maybe on par with Diabolic or Pilgrimage, while Shallow Grave is more of an average Extreme track. Command Respect however is clearly WAY harder than any of the in-game extreme tracks, and even a little harder than a few other already-qualified Level 1 Ninja tracks.

New Track:

Groundhog Never by WILLYUMZ added to Level 1, with replay by T4K Shadow. (As far as I could tell from his YouTube channel this is his GT... correct me if I'm wrong.)

I'll try out this track myself as soon as I can to see if I think the Level 1 rating is fitting.

willyums's Avatar Senior Member

sent you a friend request

as for command respect, i love the track and while it is up to skum to define his own work, i guess you could call it ninja based on how hard it is to zero-fault compared with other tracks already considered ninja grade. for me, the pipes require some 'ninjitsu', the rest is a fairly hard extreme track.

Originally Posted by WILLYUMZ
    as for command respect, i love the track and while it is up to skum to define his own work, i guess you could call it ninja based on how hard it is to zero-fault compared with other tracks already considered ninja grade. for me, the pipes require some 'ninjitsu', the rest is a fairly hard extreme track.
    Yep, you pretty much expressed my exact thoughts. If there was a track in which every section was as challenging as the pipe section in Command Respect it would probably be a Ninja Level 2 track. But as you said the rest of the track is much more Extreme than Ninja. The way I see it an Extreme track with one "Level 2 Ninja" obstacle should qualify as a Level 1. Also the obstacle at 0:37 seconds in Red's replay is a little Ninja-y, but still not anywhere near as hard as the pipes.

jook13's Avatar Senior Member

Awesome! Lets keep this thread alive! I intend to get a few runs on some of these tracks.

And I did this run on command respect a while ago... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23SS86orHs4 1.18.322