Dmitri9mm's Avatar Banned
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but here goes:

For future flight sims (perhaps BoB? ) It would be nice to see more of those dramatic effects on the pilot, that performing aerobatics causes.
    Pulling high Gs allready affects in the way of blackout and redout - that is fine, but I would like to experience the pilot being pressed hard down in the seat or against the walls. Head movement should be much greater than it is now. And of course this would also affect the aiming. It would be really cool if it took just a second to focus in on the sights after a violent head moving, this would also make it harder to shoot in a turn n' burn fight, to put more favor to the energy fight, which doesn't put a hard pressure on the pilots body.

Another thing that would be really cool, would be to add a stamina system, not very unlike those that most 1st person shooters have today, I believe this would be quite simple to add. It should work something like this:
    Every pilot starts with a stamina level of 100%. Now every time the pilot is exposed to G-forces, or has to use a lot of force to control the plane (at high speed or during wild maneuvering) he looses stamina at a certain rate, when he gets low on stamina, he can't put so much force into controlling the plane (like when you're wounded in FB) his vision might become blurry, or he might need a longer time to focus (see above). When a pilot becomes low on stamina, he will have to take it easy for a while until his stamina builds up again, which would happen at a certain rate of let's say: 3% per second.
    Being wounded or pulling high negative Gs (which gives you a slight brain damage) will of course permanently lower your maximum stamina level to ex. 75% for the duration of the mission. Also the maximum stamina could get a slight cut over long periods of time to reflect the pilot getting exhausted from sitting a long time in a vibrating cockpit.
    Further adjustments could come from being at a high altitude, cold/warm temperatures etc. etc. limitless potential!

Like the head movement/focus feature, this would make it harder to manage the intense turn n' burn that we often see online (and which seldom happened in real life) and put more favor to the energy fight, which I think would be a progressive development.

Does this sound like an idea?
    Sorry if it has allready been brought up

>"Flatspin", what is that supposed to mean? This aircraft is entirely spin-proof!<

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but here goes:

For future flight sims (perhaps BoB? ) It would be nice to see more of those dramatic effects on the pilot, that performing aerobatics causes.
    Pulling high Gs allready affects in the way of blackout and redout - that is fine, but I would like to experience the pilot being pressed hard down in the seat or against the walls. Head movement should be much greater than it is now. And of course this would also affect the aiming. It would be really cool if it took just a second to focus in on the sights after a violent head moving, this would also make it harder to shoot in a turn n' burn fight, to put more favor to the energy fight, which doesn't put a hard pressure on the pilots body.

Another thing that would be really cool, would be to add a stamina system, not very unlike those that most 1st person shooters have today, I believe this would be quite simple to add. It should work something like this:
    Every pilot starts with a stamina level of 100%. Now every time the pilot is exposed to G-forces, or has to use a lot of force to control the plane (at high speed or during wild maneuvering) he looses stamina at a certain rate, when he gets low on stamina, he can't put so much force into controlling the plane (like when you're wounded in FB) his vision might become blurry, or he might need a longer time to focus (see above). When a pilot becomes low on stamina, he will have to take it easy for a while until his stamina builds up again, which would happen at a certain rate of let's say: 3% per second.
    Being wounded or pulling high negative Gs (which gives you a slight brain damage) will of course permanently lower your maximum stamina level to ex. 75% for the duration of the mission. Also the maximum stamina could get a slight cut over long periods of time to reflect the pilot getting exhausted from sitting a long time in a vibrating cockpit.
    Further adjustments could come from being at a high altitude, cold/warm temperatures etc. etc. limitless potential!

Like the head movement/focus feature, this would make it harder to manage the intense turn n' burn that we often see online (and which seldom happened in real life) and put more favor to the energy fight, which I think would be a progressive development.

Does this sound like an idea?
    Sorry if it has allready been brought up

&gt;"Flatspin", what is that supposed to mean? This aircraft is entirely spin-proof!&lt;

BUMP

I think its a great Idea!!

I belive BoB will have head movement implimented. Not sure about details, but something to look forward to.

I know it's bad form to bump your own topic, but I would really like to have some feed back on this one.

&gt;"Flatspin", what is that supposed to mean? This aircraft is entirely spin-proof!&lt;

While we're at it, why not add Health boxes floating in the air as well. If you fly through the health box, you boost your stamina to 100% again. Also might as well have floating boxes for Ammo and Repair. As the name implies, Ammo would replenish your ammunition and Repair would restore the perfect mechanical condition of your plane. How about Invulnerability boxes too? You fly through an Invulnerability box and you are immune from shots for a short time. Other ideas to throw in:

- Teleport: you fly through a teleport box and you get transported to another random or non-random location.
    - Invisibility: you become invisible for a short time after you fly through this box.
    - Bonus: you get extra points automatically
    - PlaneChooser: when you fly through this, you cycle to your next plane in your pre-set choices. Would be funny to fly a Spitfire and change to a Bf109Z in mid-air.

Of course, these would only be options that can be turned on or off on the server side.

"First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule, Daniel San, not mine." - Mr. Miyagi

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>this would also make it harder to shoot in a turn n' burn fight, to put more favor to the energy fight, which doesn't put a hard pressure on the pilots body.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What the BnZ computer dogfighters DON'T want moddeled is high speed flight is more physically rough on pilots then low speed flight.

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
    "I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
    "Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
    :
    "Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
    Close this book forever and don't open anymore!"
    ~Oleg_Maddox

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    To simulate the pilots head being pressed down or pushed up [or for more head movement in general], download and set up NewView.

Typically NewView will move your view to look in the direction your stick is pointing - you look up when you pull the stick back, etc. But you can also set negative values to simulate high G moves pushing your head down into your lap.

http://www.sh.zp.ua/il2/il2_newview.zip
    ^ NewView build 30

http://www.sh.zp.ua/il2/nv_english.zip
    ^ NewView setup guide by Jeff Simpson/Jetstream100 [refers to older version but still largely appropriate].

You want to follow Jetstreams setup instructions, then go to "Additional Settings &gt; Speed Parameters", and set a small negative value in the "Joystick Movement (View Binding) Y" field. A value of -0.05 or -0.10 should work. Your head should now appear to be pulled up when you push the stick forward, and pushed into your lap when you pull the stick back.

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateKid:
    While we're at it, why not add Health boxes floating in the air as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You be careful how you toy with some peoples angina here young feller-me-lad.

:&gt;

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►