Suggestions how to make the Trials Legends editor better

Just some ideas for developers

Can you make some more visible layers, than used in game now? Example, one foreground layer (with this layer will possible to ride through arch, behind column, through grass, through bridges, etc.) One main layer (here we will ride). And one background (optional; to make 3d fake with slow moving bg).

So, maybe you can add new color to terrain colors table too. Now black is bg, green is ground etc. If you add some color for make water (or dirt) is will be nice, i think. Water(dirt) will make bike more slower and slippery, and tires will visible on 2\3 of height.

Thanks! And sorry for my not so good english

Re: Suggestion how to make editor better

My suggestion for the editor is to add the ability to edit .tlt files that you made.

I want a clipboard option. That way, if you create a huge decoration/obstacle that you want in another track, save to clipboard and import to new track.

I want a text editor too. Allow me to put anything I want on a sign. I'm tired of making all my text out of short planks.

nannerdw's Avatar Senior Member

^Copying objects to new files would be really nice for the Trials HD editor.

For the Legends Editor, it would be cool to be able to use a giant sprite sheet or set of images as an animated background, and to have triggers that could switch the background image when you pass through them.

sebastianaalton's Avatar Trials Developer

Originally Posted by flcnDrummer
    I want a clipboard option. That way, if you create a huge decoration/obstacle that you want in another track, save to clipboard and import to new track.

I want a text editor too. Allow me to put anything I want on a sign. I'm tired of making all my text out of short planks.
    You can write all text you want in your image editing program (Photoshop, etc). And you can copy your obstacles inside Photoshop easily... Just save them with alpha channel to a layer on a separate file.

Originally Posted by sebbbi
    Originally Posted by flcnDrummer

You can write all text you want in your image editing program (Photoshop, etc). And you can copy your obstacles inside Photoshop easily... Just save them with alpha channel to a layer on a separate file.
    I think he is talking about the editor that comes w/ Trials HD. "I'm tired of making all my text out of short planks." That only happens in Trials HD.

sebastianaalton's Avatar Trials Developer

Originally Posted by RK360
    I think he is talking about the editor that comes w/ Trials HD. "I'm tired of making all my text out of short planks." That only happens in Trials HD.
    Oops... I'll change the topic to "Suggestions how to make the Trials Legends editor better", so that nobody accidentally posts to the wrong forum.

If someone wants to give suggestions for Trials HD editor, please use this thread instead: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1748">viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17 48</a><!-- l -->

Re: Suggestions how to make the Trials Legends editor better

I can't use blue or red ground type, because if i do it, track won't works. Anyone used various ground type with success?

nannerdw's Avatar Senior Member

Did you make sure to use the red and blue from the 8-bit color palette?

I just set color to ff0000, 00ff00 and 0000ff, is must work, i think?