LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Banned
    Installed over a fresh 1.0.

But...I did have a (non~"install") copy of 1.22 on a second hard drive partition. Maybe that is why I am not getting the V2 rocket....okay V1.

It all comes down to registry values. First read my other posting at: http://tinyurl.com/3fsxk

I also installed AEP over 1.22 and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Someone said that the AEP readme stated clearly to install AEP _only_ on 1.0 or 1.21 versions, but I cant check that now.

Copying the files from the "wrong" AEP folder to existing FB folder may cause undesired effects. Intalling all from scratch is not needed if you do 2 registryvalue files pointing to your existing FB dir and install AEP again.

For example here is a registry that should exist and should contain correct information. If not, fix it.

At key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles there is value language, check that You have it Ok.
    ("language"=<YOUR LANGUAGE VERSION OF THE FB HERE&gt And theres the more important directory value (which AEP uses to find the installation folder)
    "directory"=<YOUR PRESENT FB FOLDER> ..
    It doesnt have to be the original installation folder you have specified.

Below is one example of this. You can copy it to notepad, change the values according to your system and save it as a *.reg -file. Then double click it to make the entry.

-------- START CUT (EXCLUDE THIS LINE) -------
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles]
    "language"="en_us"
    "directory"="C:\\apps\\IL2FB\\"
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\1.0]
    @=""
    -------- STOP (EXCLUDE THIS LINE) -----------

Theres also another registry value containing the path (And if Youre using UBI.com bunch of others) at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App .. It can be that the AEP is looking the path from here also, and this path could be missing in fresh install of FB 1.0! (Cannot check this right now)

Cheers,
    Leech / Lufthunden
    www.lufthunden.com

It all comes down to registry values. First read my other posting at: http://tinyurl.com/3fsxk

I also installed AEP over 1.22 and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Someone said that the AEP readme stated clearly to install AEP _only_ on 1.0 or 1.21 versions, but I cant check that now.

Copying the files from the "wrong" AEP folder to existing FB folder may cause undesired effects. Intalling all from scratch is not needed if you do 2 registryvalue files pointing to your existing FB dir and install AEP again.

For example here is a registry that should exist and should contain correct information. If not, fix it.

At key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles there is value language, check that You have it Ok.
    ("language"=<YOUR LANGUAGE VERSION OF THE FB HERE&gt And theres the more important directory value (which AEP uses to find the installation folder)
    "directory"=<YOUR PRESENT FB FOLDER> ..
    It doesnt have to be the original installation folder you have specified.

Below is one example of this. You can copy it to notepad, change the values according to your system and save it as a *.reg -file. Then double click it to make the entry.

-------- START CUT (EXCLUDE THIS LINE) -------
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles]
    "language"="en_us"
    "directory"="C:\\apps\\IL2FB\\"
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\1.0]
    @=""
    -------- STOP (EXCLUDE THIS LINE) -----------

Theres also another registry value containing the path (And if Youre using UBI.com bunch of others) at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App path\.... It can be that the AEP is looking the path from here also, and this path could be missing in fresh install of FB 1.0! (Cannot check this right now)

Cheers,
    Leech / Lufthunden
    www.lufthunden.com

HH Quazi's Avatar Banned
    Thank you for your detailed response. I will check for those registry keys and do what is neccessary if they are not there or reading like they should. Again, thank you!! S!

Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
    Installed over a fresh 1.0.

But...I did have a (non~"install") copy of 1.22 on a second hard drive partition. Maybe that is why I am not getting the V2 rocket....okay V1.
    Lexx, were you able to bring your 1.22 campaigns/missions/skins into the 1.0+AEP installation?

My copy of AEP hasn't arrived yet, but it seems reasonable to reinstall 1.0 on one of my hard drives and install AEP over that ...assuming we don't lose the improvements from the patches in this process.

Winning isn't everything;
    It's the only thing!

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    I actually did both.... after i got the panic last night..LMAO..and thought I missed out on a B-25...DUUUHHHH they both work fine.. I think Buzz got it on the head..... I think the 1.22 patch was originally supposed to be in the AEP.....

If you haven't got the V1 in your FMB, you need to correct your bldconf.ini file manually because the installer failed to write to the file (maybe the ini file was 'read-only'?).

Open bldconf.ini in notepad. Find the section: [builder_plugins]
    And insert this line:
    (builder.PlMisRocket,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/rockets.ini)

mortoma's Avatar Senior Member
    I had to reinstall the entire game due to hosed registry values. But it was no big deal, I simply copied my old Ubi directory over to my spare D: drive first, so as to back up old campaign info.
    Then I did an uninstall of the original and then re-installed the two FB disks, then the AEP. Didn't even take very log really. And for some reason, I had all of my old campaigns on the new install so I never had to copy anything from my D: on the top of my new install. Everything was there!! I only had to redo the settings for the
    IL2setup.exe ( took about 20 seconds ) and redo all of my graphic quality settings, which took about 10 seconds. My control keys setups were all the same.

I installed over 1.22, seems to have worked fine. I wasn't able to take-off in the GO 229, however, but I think it was my end on that. It wouldn't start , but autopilot could.

i tried the V2 intercept mission.
    i flew over the target area for quite a while.
    The rocket never took off, or even showed up.
    I installed over 1.22.
    ... go figure.

Now i'm wondering what else i may be missing.
    Any US or Pacific Campaigns ?