Re: nannerdw's tracks w/ video (Most recent: The Cavern)

Your tracks look great! I have just sent you a friends request.

nannerdw's Avatar Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nclined
    I really like how cavern looks. I am working on something similar. We had the same idea for the mining cart. Triangle signs to get that "V" look. I must say using the glass for the crystals was an excellent idea. I was trying to make gold with metal and yellow lighting but I haven't got that far yet.

I'm not sure if you were after this type of effect but did you make the upper path as a kind of reward? I was planning on doing that with mine. One way is death one way is gold/reward/freedom etc. Even though I love killing the rider in various ways I also like to see him get by unscathed. It does look awesome. Keep it up!
    I hadn't really thought of that way, but I guess I sort of subconsciously gave the upper and lower paths a heaven/hell theme, making the upper area more atmospheric and the lower one fiery and treacherous. The upper path started out as an easter egg, since it is harder to reach. It sort of evolved into a separate path as I kept adding to it and still hadn't gone over the object limit.

For a gold object, maybe you could put glass in front of a metal sign and shine a yellow light on it. I'm not sure if that would get the right effect, but it's worth a try.

Really nice tracks ND! They have such a unique look to them.

Thanks. I like to give my tracks a little bit more of a natural setting by avoiding the use of stuff like flippers, flame boosters, and random explosions. I'm working on a track right now that starts off with a downhill truck ride through the woods, and it ends up inside a haunted barn.

QcChopper's Avatar Senior Member

Great track nanner, I especially like the ones that looks lifelike and you nailed it, the cavern is a very beautiful and fun track.

Here's a teaser for my next track. It's about 50% complete.

*Hayride* (Difficulty: Hard)

This track will starts off with a hayride through the woods, and it ends up inside a haunted barn. I ran out of scenery items pretty fast, so this is a fairly short track.

Platinum: 0:40, 0 faults
    Gold: 1:00, 0 faults
    Silver: 1:30, 3 faults

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxgS7elvys0&hd=1

Re: nannerdw's tracks w/ video (Most recent: Hayride)

looks cool! FR sent.

Re: nannerdw's tracks w/ video (Most recent: Hayride)

Nanner is definitely one of the better ones at custom tracks and hayride really is the icing on the cake.... I love the hayride at the begining and the barn is really fun too.

Re: nannerdw's tracks (fr list full. Plz remove me)

Thank you

I try not to make my tracks too hard, but I just want to see what other people think of the difficulty of my tracks. Should I change any of them to medium/extreme?

Btw, my friends list is almost full, so for anyone who has already downloaded my tracks, please remove me so new people can still download my tracks. I can always add you back to my list later. Thanks.