Dosto's Avatar Senior Member

Finishing line fun

Haha! Funny thing happened. I was trying out the new track called Dizzy, and everything went just fine until I crashed exactly at the finishing line.. I saw one of the flags lit up, so I thought I had just finished the track, but then I see a message telling me that I'm unconscious..I'm like wtf ?..I just stand there for few seconds..and then drive to the finishing line with one fault.

So is it so that the other flag in every tracks finish line is just a check point disguised as a finish flag? The flag looked exactly like one of those finish line flags.

You should check out the replay. It's number 14 atm (01:08:83, 1 fault). I'm leaving it there for laughing purposes.

sebastianaalton's Avatar Trials Developer
    That's correct. Some levels have 2 checkpoints at the end (last checkpoint is always the goal). Normally you would place them on the same position, but naturally level designers sometimes make mistakes (as their hand shakes a bit) so the other checkpoint is a bit misplaced. The flags itself are just decoration objects without any gameplay meaning. The checkpoint itself is a round torus like glowing object that is invisible in the game mode (only visible when you switch to level editing mode).