QcChopper's Avatar Senior Member

New hard tracks

I've been playing a little on Diablo and You shall not pass! and I must say I love these tracks They're brutally punishing like I expected.

I particularly like some of the challenges in You shall not pass! The 2 places where you have to climb tires are my favorites and the mega bounce one is something too... The crown belongs to the damn 1st obstacle of YSNP! Man that must have been a hard one to fine tune.

Thanks to ANBA and Jorma for raising the bar for us all

What are your favorite (or most hated) obstacles on the new hard tracks?

Re: New hard tracks

Originally Posted by QcChopper
    I've been playing a little on Diablo and You shall not pass! and I must say I love these tracks They're brutally punishing like I expected.

I particularly like some of the challenges in You shall not pass! The 2 places where you have to climb tires are my favorites and the mega bounce one is something too... The crown belongs to the damn 1st obstacle of YSNP! Man that must have been a hard one to fine tune.

Thanks to ANBA and Jorma for raising the bar for us all

What are your favorite (or most hated) obstacles on the new hard tracks?
    Surprisingly, I didn't spend that much time fine tuning the first obstacle. I just throwed few boxes there to see how they would ride and see how high I can jump from them. Then I thought the barrel steps would be nice and I put them in. They worked pretty well with the first time. Then I thought 'lets make it a bit more difficult' and I added the wooden slope there. First few tests seemed a bit too easy so I made it a bit steeper (as steep as I thought was still possible). I tried it a few times and finally passed it so the first obstacle was finished. Next! (I still think the hardness of the first obstacle is greatly exaggerated.)

I tried to make the other obstacles something that wasn't found from the other tracks. Originally I just thought I want a flaming squarrel on a broken bridge to make the name, a rocket jump, warped wall from ninja warrior and hard swich jumps from downward slopes. Afterward I kind of liked how the tire wall turned out to be. Really difficult if you don't know what to do, but fun when you know the technique.

After seeing how easily beta testers have passed the track makes me regret that I didn't make the track bit harder and more punishing. As it is now, you can retry many obstacles of YSNP without a fault even if you fail a bit. Maybe my next track will be a bit harder to challenge the hard core fans

QcChopper's Avatar Senior Member
    Bring it on! I love YSNP... For now I'm trying to get better at diablo and I'm getting it pretty good now, it's fun to actually have track records that aren't 0 faults