The guy from Watchdogs works for Erudito

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Ubisoft would be a GENIUSES if they decided to put both games in the same universe. I mean how hard can it be to do that? it will be the most epic franchises, spanning two grand franchises revolving around the same story and universe, canonically.

By the way for anyone who doesnt know what Erudito is, its basically someone who is hacking into Abstergo.

Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer Go to original post
    Ubisoft would be a GENIUSES if they decided to put both games in the same universe. I mean how hard can it be to do that? it will be the most epic franchises, spanning two grand franchises revolving around the same story and universe, canonically.
    I trully hope not. AC's story is already spread out through so many different medias, the last thing it needs is to be spread through another franchises as well.

I can see it doing it more harm than good, alienating players and making the overall plot much more confusing than it already is

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    I think it would work rather well as long as they never set a modern day AC in chicago.

Also, I think easter eggs here and there, cameos and references should be the only thing to happen. It should not be actually CONNECTED, but appear to be "possible".

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    I think its a good thing, give players who want to play a modern day AC an ACesque game without butchering AC. Thumbs up from my side.

AherasSTRG's Avatar Senior Member
    Ubisoft has already confirmed that the Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs and Far Cry franchises take place in the same universe. However, the chance of them meddling together is low.

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Aheradrim Go to original post
    Ubisoft has already confirmed that the Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs and Far Cry franchises take place in the same universe. However, the chance of them meddling together is low.
    They have confirmed they are not in the same universe, it's just Easter eggs that connects them.

RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by frodrigues55 Go to original post
    I trully hope not. AC's story is already spread out through so many different medias, the last thing it needs is to be spread through another franchises as well.

I can see it doing it more harm than good, alienating players and making the overall plot much more confusing than it already is
    Well there are so many people who crave a fully modern day AC game. I think it won’t hurt anybody if they’re somehow connected. Not just with Easter Eggs but with an actual story. It would help boosting the sales of both franchises without having to make them look like sequels. They can just organize all what they have to say about each story and continue in a less confusing manner. Like Watch Dogs is some sort of spin-off. It adds and doesn’t contradict nor remove.

AC story is confusing cause they’ve left so many loose ends, untied and so many stories, unfinished. If they manage to organize everything and tie up the loose ends between the two franchises, it would be perfect. At least better than the acinitiates gimmick.

Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer Go to original post
    Well there are so many people who crave a fully modern day AC game. I think it won’t hurt anybody if they’re somehow connected. Not just with Easter Eggs but with an actual story. It would help boosting the sales of both franchises without having to make them look like sequels. They can just organize all what they have to say about each story and continue in a less confusing manner. Like Watch Dogs is some sort of spin-off. It adds and doesn’t contradict nor remove.

AC story is confusing cause they’ve left so many loose ends, untied and so many stories, unfinished. If they manage to organize everything and tie up the loose ends between the two franchises, it would be perfect. At least better than the acinitiates gimmick.
    I'm not sure it would boost sales. It could work the other way. Both games are different, so having them tied in could potentially turn people off. It makes no sense to risk it instead of creating something completly new and free of leashes. They have the oportunity to build a new game from the ground, so why would they want to follow another game's rules?

I agree with you - if they could organize everything, it would be nice - but I'm not sure they can. They can't even make new modern day stories because of all the AC being in production at the same time, can you imagine the mess it would become if they had to tie in with Watch Dogs too? And if WD becomes a multi-studio franchise as AC is, it would be even more chaotic wouldn't it?

There's also so much information regarding AC spread around, it's bound to get too complicated to explain. They have to focus and make every media telling its own story, otherwise they will have to reboot for a second chance and I hate reboots.

AC is getting just too big and the attempts to connect every media can be too overwhelming - especially for new fans.

When playing AC3, I was caught by surprise when everyone seemed to know about Daniel and I had no clue who that person was, altough I had played all games. Now, I see people talking about Ade's death and grandson being an Assassin, heard about a ship called Altair II being in Russia, found out Edward had an encounter with the Templars before Black Flag, it's just getting too crowded with new people and new information all the time.

In my opinion, they could have a general design and have a cannon world telling its story through various medias. Daniel and Nikolai's history could exist on the AC world without having to cross-reference with the game, for example. No conflicts, but no direct connection either.

So, to me, the less the better right now. Easter Eggs are cute. Creating news bonds, that I don't want.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►