A.C.C.TheLimper's Avatar Junior Member

Promotion Quest bug? Paladin only.

I am unsure if this is definitely a bug or not but figured I would point it out.

My party consists of a Freemage, Dwarven Defender, Elf Druid and a Crusader. Upon completing the Druid and Dwarven Defender quests I received 1500 experience each time. Upon completing the Crusader promotion to Paladin quest, I got nothing. That doesn't seem right and was wondering if anyone else is A) having the same issue and B) can confirm that this is intentional?

Thanks in advance.
     1 people found this helpful

Really? Not one response? Not even from a Moderator? I'm honestly quite shocked. I would have thought this was at the very least an oversight. I would assume that other people may have noticed the same thing as well. I guess I'm just the crazy guy who sees things.

duchU's Avatar Member
    Cannot tell because I do not remember that and I do not have a save game to check...

Promotion quest problems

Crusader promotion is the Cursed Ruins, right? I remember hearing the quest completion motif when I gave the ghost the stone disc, but not whether I got XP for it. Did everything else happen correctly for you, the name change, the skills activations, the quest log completion, etc?

Originally Posted by DStowens Go to original post
    Crusader promotion is the Cursed Ruins, right? I remember hearing the quest completion motif when I gave the ghost the stone disc, but not whether I got XP for it. Did everything else happen correctly for you, the name change, the skills activations, the quest log completion, etc?
    Yes the one in cursed ruins. I did receive the skill, the name and it shows completed in the quest log. However, it didn't remove the blood stained pages (which I believe is a known bug from checking that forum) nor was I awarded any experience. I have a save set right before the turn in and have checked it three times. There is no experience for completing that particular quest. However, you do get 50 experience for completing one of the steps (I believe it was finding the pages). I just think it's odd and a slightly imbalanced mechanic to have a class that doesn't award the group experience for having done the promotion quest since the others all seem to.

A moderator, developer or perhaps a tech savvy person needed?

You know what would be helpful in resolving this? Someone who knows how to read those .CSV files to determine whether or not there actually is a reward for that quest other than the title and one spell it grants. I know there are people who can do it since I've seen people look it up for the Jassad's Beastiary quest. I can open the file but wouldn't have the first clue as to how to go about finding the information I was after.

CONFIRMED it's wrong. DEVELOPERS PAY ATTENTION

The Paladin promotion gives only 150 experience total (from start to finish). EVERY SINGLE OTHER CLASS awards 1500 experience upon completion. How do I know this you may ask? After finally figuring out that .csv file I managed to sort it in such a way that I can see the classes. Here's what I have found:
    QUEST_STEP_ARCHMAGE_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_BLADE_MASTER_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 0
    QUEST_STEP_BLOOD_CALLER_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 0
    QUEST_STEP_BLOOD_CALLER_PROMOTION_2_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_DRUID_ELDER_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_MARAUDER_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 0
    QUEST_STEP_MARAUDER_PROMOTION_2_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_PALADIN_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 50
    QUEST_STEP_PALADIN_PROMOTION_2_SHORT 50
    QUEST_STEP_PALADIN_PROMOTION_3_SHORT 50
    QUEST_STEP_PATHFINDER_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_RUNELORD_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_SHIELD_GUARD_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 0
    QUEST_STEP_SHIELD_GUARD_PROMOTION_2_SHORT 0
    QUEST_STEP_SHIELD_GUARD_PROMOTION_3_SHORT 0
    QUEST_STEP_SHIELD_GUARD_PROMOTION_4_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_WARDEN_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 0
    QUEST_STEP_WARMONGER_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 0
    QUEST_STEP_WINDSWORD_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_BLADE_MASTER_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_WARDEN_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 1500
    QUEST_STEP_WARMONGER_PROMOTION_1_SHORT 1500

This SHOULD NOT be so. In terms of Balance, this is an oversight. It's like the Paladin has a penalty for being a Paladin.

timothy.longson's Avatar Junior Member

This in game bug with the paladin promotion quest STILL not fixed

If you do not do the parts of Cursed Ruins in a specific order, it bugs out and does not let you use the stone disk.

I completed the cursed ruins and could not turn in the quest or use the stone disk. I did a lot of google searches and found that others had found the same bug - luckily for them they had saved game just before starting level 2, and they reloaded the game and did them in a different order and it worked.

I have no saved game for over 2 hours, and I am not redoing all that - this bug should be fixed by now. I installed the game in 2021, 6 or 7 years since that bug was reported, and the fact its still not fixed is appauling.