looking for suggestions on the laptop i should buy

not long bought this excellent program and have it running sweet on my desktop machine but i bought it with the intention of going mobile with it.

as the game doesn't officially support mobile versions of the graphics chipsets i thought it best to ask for recommendations on the type of laptop i should buy to run it.

I'm buying second hand so its going to be a windows 7 machine, the only things it needs apart from running RS2014 is a HDMI port so i can easily connect it to a TV and a USB 3 port or 2 for fast file transfer.

if you have a windows 7 laptop that runs RS 2014 without any issues can you please post your model number so if i come across one on ebay/down the local PC shop i can snap it up safe in the knowledge that it will do the job!

also if you have a laptop that fails miserably at running it can you post that making it very clear its a fail so i know what to avoid?

thanks in advance for your help, i'm shocked there isn't a list on here already, maybe this thread could serve as a starting point to get one together?

Please note: suggestions for windows 8 laptops will be ignored as i hate that OS with a passion so dont waste your time, the same goes for suggestions i buy a MAC as i'm prepared to spend an arm on this but want to keep my legs intact

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    I have a Dell Inspiron 15R, with an i5 and AMD 4770 (?? I think that is right), running windows 8.1. It runs the game great.

Dell maked a 17" version of that laptop with an Nvidia add-on graphics card.

The deal is to make sure the laptop supports an add-on gaming graphics card. That and a modern I-core processor and you'll be good to go.

Jahmbo's Avatar Member
    Acer Aspire 5755-6832
    i5 @ 2.4 GHz
    Intel Integrated graphics
    6 GB DDR3
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Runs Rocksmith fine, I have mine hooked up to flatscreen through HDMI with the audio running through a 50 Watt Rotel amp into paradigm speakers. Works great.

The same suggestion I also need which laptop to buy? After so many efforts I selected this https://productz.com/en/dell-inspiron-3593/p/pPreP laptop. It has lots of modern features and having a good processor with 8GB of RAM. Their hard disk capacity is also very nice. So there is no chance of hanging on this laptop.

UbiKoreanBBQ's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there, Dishnu5468! Sorry about the delayed response. I understand that you have looked into the DELL product that you linked. Although I cannot provide you specific models or brands over another, I do recommend reviewing our minimum and recommended requirements for Rocksmith 2014 to best judge what specs you need to look for in your laptop/tower choice.

Also, just to note, please in the future create a new thread instead of posting in old ones as that is against the Forum Rules.