Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster

Serpentfly 4 Beret ... Ze Cup! - Announcement

Dear Champions,

It has long been a topic of intense discussion and disagreement between many players... Who is the strongest? the French community or the International English community?!

Well, we have finally arrived at the moment when YOU can be the ones to prove how much better we here on the English forums are against those rude, petulant, cheeky and above all crass mustache-wearing, baguette-holding, beret-sporting French players!

What are the prizes?

• One Xorm Statue for the winner + 1 Box code + 1 in-game Tournament Winner banner
    • 2nd place: 1Box code
    • 3rd and 4th place: 5 codes for one 5 towers and one Forgotten Wars packs
    • 5th to 8th place: 2 codes for one 5 towers and one Forgotten Wars packs

Xorm Statue prize:
    Spoiler:  Show

What are the rules?

• Every participant is asked to post his name on the proper forum thread in order to apply for the tournament. A specific application thread will be posted on Wednesday 19th of March at 3pm UK time.
    • Only the first 64 players from each community to enlist can take part: this will give us a total of 128 players! The tournament is open to all players with no restriction!
    • Once the application deadline is over, a match-up tree will be given
    • As soon as the match-up tree is given, every participant must add his opponents as in-game friends and take part in friendly duels against them. The winner of each duel must then provide a screenshot of the victory on the forum thread opened specifically by the CM for that round of matches.
    • Each match-up will take place in Best of 3 games. The quarter and semi-finals will be Bo5 and the finals will be in Bo7!

• If you cannot agree on an appropriate time for the duel or don’t send in the victory screenshot both players will get a forfeit for that match-up. If you have tried to contact your opponent, have not got an answer from him by the deadline for that round, just send me a quick message on the forum explaining the situation. If I don't get an answer from your opponent, you will be declared winner.
    • If an error occurs (Bloomberg or disconnect etc.), the duel should be repeated as long as the player who encountered the error provides a screenshot with it in the game. If a player does not provide the screenshot, the game is classified as a defeat for the player who had the error and his opponent will be declared winner.
    • When they enter the tournament, players are committing to being present at the appointed dates.
    • Players are also committing to sending in the result screen as proof of victory.
    • Only one account per player is allowed to enter. We will be doing checks and any player who has tried to cheat his way to the top will be disqualified and banned from any future tournament.
    • You are allowed to change decks between duels but you cannot let your opponent wait more than 5 minutes between games.
    • Kelthor is banned for obvious reasons! If you or any other player uses this card he will be banned from this tournament and any other tournament organized by members of the DoC team! To report a player using this card during the tournament, simply send a screenshot to your CM.
    • All decks must contain at least 1 Serpentfly <3

Once the 128 players are found, the first round will have 64 duels between one French speaker and one (obviously superior in every way) English speaker.
    After the first round it's every man for himself and may the best (non-French) man win!

...so be ready to enlist as of next Wednesday and help us show those cheese-eaters how wrong they are!
    Aza

"Yourr playeurrz arre sauh bahd zatt wi will whipe ze floorr wiz zeirr rrearr endz!"
    Kimmundi (trying to speak English)

Bazaltovy's Avatar Swiss Hunter
    Kelthor is banned? Sorry, jkkk...

Added one rule:
    All decks must contain at least 1 Serpentfly <3

im just curious - how can i know if my opponent use serpentfly in deck?

@down
    ive never used replay manager but doubt there is an option to see every single card from deck - correct me if im wrong

Kimundi's Avatar Senior Member
    By using Replay Manager or just having faith in the Serpentfly

You can upload your replay directly on MMDoCking to see what your opponent was playing.
    http://tools.mmdocking.com/replays/upload

PS: obviously, this only works after the duel.

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by koverasek Go to original post
    im just curious - how can i know if my opponent use serpentfly in deck?

@down
    ive never used replay manager but doubt there is an option to see every single card from deck - correct me if im wrong
    DoC replay manager has the option to see both decks, every card.

Uraxor's Avatar Heed the Call!
    It's good to see tournaments that are decided before they even begin.

As if frenchies ever stood any chance in this kind of nuke out!

Im in :P

Obviously the only way for a frenchman to even have a chance at winning an international tourney
    is to give them half of the player seats!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►