🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ubisoft General forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Ubisoft® announces the child of light™ deluxe edition

UBISOFT® ANNOUNCES THE CHILD OF LIGHT™ DELUXE EDITION

London, UK – March 5th, 2014 – Today, Ubisoft announced that Child of LightTM, the poetic turn-based RPG that will release digitally on April 30th, 2014, will also be available the same day in retail as a Deluxe Edition on PlayStation® 3, PlayStation® 4 and on Windows® PC. This Deluxe Edition is available for pre-orders right now and will be available in the UK and other EMEA territories only.

The Child of LightTM Deluxe Edition will contain exclusive content, including a poster designed by Yo****aka Amano, the renowned Japanese artist, a 24 page art book with unrevealed artwork and an Igniculus key ring. This boxed edition will also include additional game content, with a bonus quest, a new character and a pack of collectibles.

Additionally, the PlayStation® 3 and PlayStation® 4 versions of the game, both in retail and digital, will benefit from the cross-buy option. Therefore, players buying Child of LightTM on PlayStation® 3 and PlayStation® 4 will be able to play the game on both platforms at no additional cost.

Child of LightTM is created by a small team of seasoned developers based in Ubisoft Montreal. It has been developed on Ubisoft’s UbiArt Framework, a powerful engine that lets programmers and artists bring their art to life by allowing original concept art to be inserted unedited into the game world. In Child of LightTM, the effect is akin to stepping into an interactive painting.

Child of LightTM is a reimagining of classic fairytales, inviting players on an epic adventure into the magical painted world of Lemuria. Players will uncover mysteries, participate in turn-by-turn combat inspired by classic JRPGs, and explore a mystical kingdom. The game puts players in the shoes of Aurora, a child stolen from her home, who, in her quest to return, must bring back the sun, the moon and the stars held captive by the Queen of the Night. Helped by her companion Igniculus the firefly and several unlikely allies, Aurora will face her darkest fears, including dragons and other mystical creatures, in this modern take on a coming-of-age story.

The game will be available for download on Xbox LIVE for the Xbox® 360 and Xbox® One, the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation® 3 and PlayStation® 4, the eShop from Nintendo for the Wii U, and PC Digital, at the price of Ł11.99.

For more information on Child of LightTM, please visit: http://childoflight.ubi.com/

A few things,

Where can I preorder? I'm in Sweden but I have nothing against ordering from Ubi store.
    When can I preorder?

And thanks for treating us Europeans so well <3

System requirements for Child of Light

Looks like a very beautiful game. Before considering to pre-order: what are the minimum system requirements to play this on a PC?

Originally Posted by Rildiz Go to original post
    A few things,

Where can I preorder? I'm in Sweden but I have nothing against ordering from Ubi store.
    When can I preorder?

And thanks for treating us Europeans so well <3
    The Deluxe version will be available at retail stores for console and PC - Console stores digital release and via www.uplay.com for the Digital version on PC.

Originally Posted by ans1958 Go to original post
    Looks like a very beautiful game. Before considering to pre-order: what are the minimum system requirements to play this on a PC?
    Regarding PC requirements - I will check for you.

You can also keep an eye on the game store page on Uplay.com for it.

Will the Deluxe version be available on Steam as well? Hoping you guys enable us who pre-ordered the game already to upgrade our pre-order copy to Deluxe version...

Hi,

The deluxe edition contains psychical items, so it's not possible to deliver those with the Digital versions of the game.

If you wish to change your order from the digital to deluxe [psychical version] - then you should contact the store support team.

Game availability on Steam, you should check closer to release to see if they are stocking the title.

So no chance for a digital deluxe version? I think it would had been nice if we had that available.

Originally Posted by Benomono Go to original post
    So no chance for a digital deluxe version? I think it would had been nice if we had that available.
    Currently the only available versions are the ones announced - due to the physical items in the deluxe edition, these can not be all recreated digitally.

You should check with retailers closer to release - in case this changes.

Thanks for the informations! It's understandable, especially for the A2 poster and the key ring. Hopefully we might at least have the bonus digital content somehow. Call me crazy but I'm completionist!
    I will keep checking the Steam store, hopefully you guys will add something interesting, hopefully upgradable as well.

So i wanted to Pre order the Deluxe edition but to my surprise i cannot find any pre order button on the Ubishop.

For the digital version it says Ubisoft or steam.

So could you please direct me in the right direction where to pre order the Deluxe edition?

I live in Holland just in case you need to know.

Hope to hear soon from you.

Best Regards.