[OT]Batman: Arkham Knight

Rocksteady is BACK, mofos!

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by aznassassin159 Go to original post

Rocksteady is BACK, mofos!
    Yeah read it already

That's pretty awesome. Imagine driving around Gotham in your badmobile
    I'm glad the development is back to Rocksteady this time around.

I really HOPE they'll add Civilians and don't come up with another "lockdown".
    There would be so much more possibilities that way (saving civilians and other stuff going in that direction) and more immersion in Gotham.

I'm excited.

yyyyyyeeeeeeesssssssssssss

Officially freaking stoked!

This year too. Hiyoooo!

KevinPDZ0916's Avatar Banned
    Sadly I never picked up any of the three Batman Arkham games. I've heard they are really good. I'll pick it up if they release a trilogy pack for the Xbox 360 or a trilogy pack for the next-gen platforms. I just saw, too, that Arkham Knight will apparently be the "explosive finale" to the Arkham games. That's a shame, because I'm sure more people want RockSteady to make more of these Batman games for next-gen. What will happen after its release? Will another developer pick up the franchise or start another Batman franchise for consoles?

Originally Posted by KevinPDZ0916 Go to original post
    Sadly I never picked up any of the three Batman Arkham games. I've heard they are really good. I'll pick it up if they release a trilogy pack for the Xbox 360 or a trilogy pack for the next-gen platforms. I just saw, too, that Arkham Knight will apparently be the "explosive finale" to the Arkham games. That's a shame, because I'm sure more people want RockSteady to make more of these Batman games for next-gen. What will happen after its release? Will another developer pick up the franchise or start another Batman franchise for consoles?
    Nah, I wouldn't call this confirmed. We were supposed to believe Batman Arkham Origins to be the last game for a while, so I'll wait what they say. Maybe they plan on doing another game with a pretty long development time (3 - 4 years) to keep the series fresh don't bore the fans and to improve heavily on the concept and then come again with an awesome game. I think if they can manage to bring innovation in with the Arkham Nights game I see no reason why the series couldn't continue. Most villains don't die anyway, so they can reuse them and since there are SO MANY villains in the Batman universe I see no reason for boredom, especially if every game is presented in a different way/mood/theme and special elements are improved (combat, stealth, the gaming world in general).

People love Batman.

Btw.: If you haven't played the Arkham series. Asylum is the first one, City is the best (IMO) and Origins is a prequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Origins is not as good, but still pretty much okay and an above average game. Great series with a nice mix of combat, puzzles to solve and stealth.

SanityAgathion's Avatar Senior Member
    I believe they were developing the game while Origins came out and other studio just took their turn to keep steady income.

Just paying my debt in stealth games, playing Asylum recently and I have to say it's awesome. Like with Tomb Raider, one of those games that you just cannot stop playing because "will just try to find the clue around West part" and "I will just defeat this boss and go to bed ... wait, I have to rescue some guy, that will be short" ... and suddenly it's 1 AM. Gargoyling FTW

Originally Posted by SanityAgathion Go to original post
    I believe they were developing the game while Origins came out and other studio just took their turn to keep steady income.

Just paying my debt in stealth games, playing Asylum recently and I have to say it's awesome. Like with Tomb Raider, one of those games that you just cannot stop playing because "will just try to find the clue around West part" and "I will just defeat this boss and go to bed ... wait, I have to rescue some guy, that will be short" ... and suddenly it's 1 AM. Gargoyling FTW
    Yeah, it's this "open-world/semi-open-world-game with lots of side and main missions" effect. If they have a good world/lore and story they just drag you in and don't let go

now this is a single player game designed well and enjoyable to play over and over unlike some other games that either regress or dont improve at all (except in the eyes of blind fan boys) in both single and online play a must have

Originally Posted by snake511987 Go to original post
    now this is a single player game designed well and enjoyable to play over and over unlike some other games that either regress or dont improve at all (except in the eyes of blind fan boys) in both single and online play a must have
    That was absolutely unfair.

Oh and yes, the Multiplayer of Arkham Origins sucked.

So it is not a "must have" for single and online play IMO.

But yeah, at least you insulted the new Splinter Cell, right?