SanityAgathion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Dome500 Go to original post
    Yeah, it's this "open-world/semi-open-world-game with lots of side and main missions" effect. If they have a good world/lore and story they just drag you in and don't let go
    And that's the problem right there, too much temptation when you need to get up to speed with new job, back on track with studying and certifications and stuff ... Linearity has its advantages

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SanityAgathion Go to original post
    And that's the problem right there, too much temptation when you need to get up to speed with new job, back on track with studying and certifications and stuff ... Linearity has its advantages
    Nah.... I rather loose myself and then force myself to stop then having a linear game that do not enjoy that much.
    But sure, if it's not TOO linear then a certain amount of linearity or at least possibility of linearity has it's advantages.
    Though in this case the game has less replay value which makes every game you buy that is that way a very expensive experience.

The ideal thing is a D-Ops like mode in a game. It gives you short-access to gameplay and you can jump in and out whenever you like. You don't loose yourself due to the lack of story and you still have fun.

BoBwUzHeRe1138's Avatar Senior Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

YES!

I am so excited!!!!!

DRIVABLE BATMOBILE! AWWWW YEAHHH! This trailer showed quite a bit of civilians in danger which would also imply, to me at least, that civilians WILL be in the game and that it won't just be "empty" again. I hope so. Civilians would really make the world come alive. I hope it's like Spiderman 2 where you can just move around the city and civilians will need help from time to time: someone's being mugged in an alley, a small gang fight, a bank robbery with the robbers escaping in a car for you to chase down, hostage situations on rooftops or something where you have to use stealth in order to save the civilians, cops pinned down by a gang, etc.

UGH. I don't want my expectations too high but man... all that stuff would be amazing.

michaelanjello's Avatar Senior Member
    Although Batman is an excellent series, I would like to point out that I in no way would like SC trying to become it. The SC game franchise has been on the video game market for much longer,and has its own roots; its sad to see it copy a game thats soo new. (its obvious SCB had drawn inspiration from it)

Originally Posted by michaelanjello Go to original post
    Although Batman is an excellent series, I would like to point out that I in no way would like SC trying to become it. The SC game franchise has been on the video game market for much longer,and has its own roots; its sad to see it copy a game thats soo new. (its obvious SCB had drawn inspiration from it)
    Well, but not more than it has drawn inspiration from AC or any other video game on the market.
    I can definitely not see how SCB should have any big elements from Batman.
    And I also don't see why Splinter Cell should ever become Batman.... that's kinda absurd.... (no offense)

KevinPDZ0916's Avatar Banned
    One question for everyone: Were the graphics for the Arkham Knight trailer in-game graphics? I know it's only for PC, Xbox One and PS4, but the graphics in the trailer seemed too CGI-ish to me. If it is confirmed to be in-game graphics, please let me know. Not saying graphics are everything, but if they are in-game, then dang this game is beautiful looking, and is finally starting to show what next-gen can really start giving us. I'm already imagining what SC7 will look like.

EDIT: I now believe that the entire trailer is a CGI cinematic. I find this disappointing considering why are we still using CGI cinematics to promote a game? Don't games already look good enough to just show off the realistic graphics? Anyhow, the reason for my claim is that the website for Arkham Knight has a concept art section in its images, and the faces of Two Face and Penguin can be seen there. They look the exact same as the trailer shows. That's what leads me to believe that this trailer is pure cinematic. I was hoping to actually see real gameplay for the reveal trailer. **sigh** Oh well, I guess we have to wait until E3 to see real gameplay...

https://www.batmanarkhamknight.com/#media/7

Originally Posted by KevinPDZ0916 Go to original post
    One question for everyone: Were the graphics for the Arkham Knight trailer in-game graphics? I know it's only for PC, Xbox One and PS4, but the graphics in the trailer seemed too CGI-ish to me. If it is confirmed to be in-game graphics, please let me know. Not saying graphics are everything, but if they are in-game, then dang this game is beautiful looking, and is finally starting to show what next-gen can really start giving us. I'm already imagining what SC7 will look like.

EDIT: I now believe that the entire trailer is a CGI cinematic. I find this disappointing considering why are we still using CGI cinematics to promote a game? Don't games already look good enough to just show off the realistic graphics? Anyhow, the reason for my claim is that the website for Arkham Knight has a concept art section in its images, and the faces of Two Face and Penguin can be seen there. They look the exact same as the trailer shows. That's what leads me to believe that this trailer is pure cinematic. I was hoping to actually see real gameplay for the reveal trailer. **sigh** Oh well, I guess we have to wait until E3 to see real gameplay...

https://www.batmanarkhamknight.com/#media/7
    C'mon -- no way was this anything other than CGI. The CGI is always going to be one or two steps ahead of the in-game graphics because no matter how good in-game graphics are... being able to make a set sequence occur with CGI will allow you to up the ante further than what you can do with in-game graphics. If you look at older games that used CGI cinematics, they were considerably better than the in-game stuff but now the in-game graphics of modern games are better than those old CGI trailers.... I'm confident it will almost always be like that.

Besides, if you look at the AC2 trailer -- those graphics, the sheer detail and look, is still better than current in-game graphics of games today for the most part.

KevinPDZ0916's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by BoBwUzHeRe1138 Go to original post
    C'mon -- no way was this anything other than CGI. The CGI is always going to be one or two steps ahead of the in-game graphics because no matter how good in-game graphics are... being able to make a set sequence occur with CGI will allow you to up the ante further than what you can do with in-game graphics. If you look at older games that used CGI cinematics, they were considerably better than the in-game stuff but now the in-game graphics of modern games are better than those old CGI trailers.... I'm confident it will almost always be like that.

Besides, if you look at the AC2 trailer -- those graphics, the sheer detail and look, is still better than current in-game graphics of games today for the most part.
    I got confused... because in the IGN rewind trailer, the two people talking... one of them mentioned how great the game looked. And I was like... ummm this looks like CGI. I understand the concept of showing off game mechanics that the player can do in the game through a CGI trailer, but I also believe it is not great to show that as a first impression IMO.

I'd seriously rather RockSteady have shown us a gameplay trailer reveal rather than this CGI trailer. As cool as it was, I just feel like I will now be disappointed with how the game looks on next-gen. Again, not that graphics are everything, but I just don't understand the reason for showing CGI trailers when games on Xbox One, PS4, and PC already look so realistic as it is. It was the same as the Splinter Cell: Blacklist first trailer shown at Ubisoft's E3 conference. I wish they had shown an in-game trailer, not CGI crap.

Originally Posted by KevinPDZ0916 Go to original post
    I got confused... because in the IGN rewind trailer, the two people talking... one of them mentioned how great the game looked. And I was like... ummm this looks like CGI. I understand the concept of showing off game mechanics that the player can do in the game through a CGI trailer, but I also believe it is not great to show that as a first impression IMO.

I'd seriously rather RockSteady have shown us a gameplay trailer reveal rather than this CGI trailer. As cool as it was, I just feel like I will now be disappointed with how the game looks on next-gen. Again, not that graphics are everything, but I just don't understand the reason for showing CGI trailers when games on Xbox One, PS4, and PC already look so realistic as it is. It was the same as the Splinter Cell: Blacklist first trailer shown at Ubisoft's E3 conference. I wish they had shown an in-game trailer, not CGI crap.
    Meh. Doesn't bug me. To me , CGI trailers should be considered akin to a short teaser trailer. Teasers are essentially saying: "this is a thing that is happening and it will happen soon." A full on theatrical trailer is where you get a meatier view of the film and get a firmer grasp of what the actual film will be like. Same with games. To me, CGI trailers are like teasers (this one saying, "look, rocksteady is back on batman, here's the title and here's a general idea of what the game is about." The first actual gameplay reveal is, to me, the theatrical trailer of the game.

I don't mind CGI trailers one bit and tying into my teaser analogy... this teaser teased the batmobile and so now I can't wait to see how it plays out in the gameplay. CGI trailers get me excited to see the actual game just like teaser trailers get me excited to see a film.

I see it like Bob. I think we can expect Arkham Nights to have better graphics than Origins.

And we can say a few things:

- CGI will always look better and more realistic than ingame graphics
    - You can indeed judge the quality of the games graphics by comparing the CGI with the CGI of the last game- Not directly, but one can guess the quality difference and make an assumption
    - There will be gameplay shown soon, especially if the game is set to be released later this year.