Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster

Maintenance 04/03/14 9am CET / 2pm GMT - Change in the Unique rule!

The maintenance will take Tuesday, march 4th at 2pm GMT / 9am CET. It will last around 2 hours.

In the meantime, Aza404 and Kimmundi will cast some recorded games on the Team Stream ! > www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions

Dear Champions,

The Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Development Team is introducing a modification to the Unique rule. This modification was planned for Base Set 02, but we are pushing it now to fix the balancing issue happening with some unique cards.

Here is the new Unique rule :

You can only have one copy of each card with the Unique subtype in your deck. Those cards also have special rules that ensure they cannot be played more than once in a game:

- A unique creature, building or ongoing spell or fortune that is destroyed is banished instead of going to the graveyard.
    - A unique instant spell or fortune is banished after it is played.

Unique cards that would be put into the graveyard any other way (discarded, moved from the library, …) still go to the graveyard normally.

We hope to apply it into the live version of the game in the next few days and will keep you updated on the specific ETA.

Enjoy!

Aza and the DoC Team

PS: When it dies, the Shi-no-shi will be reshuffled straight into your library as written on the card.

Originally Posted by Aza404 Go to original post
    Dear Champions,

The Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Development Team is bringing a modification to the Unique rule. This modification was planned for Base Set 02, but we are pushing it now to fix the balancing issue happening with some unique cards.

Here is the new Unique rule :

You can only have one copy of each card with the Unique subtype in your deck. Those cards also have special rules that ensure they cannot be played more than once in a game:

- A unique creature, building or ongoing spell or fortune that is destroyed is banished instead of going to the graveyard.
    - A unique instant spell or fortune is banished after it is played.

Unique cards that would be put into the graveyard any other way (discarded, moved from the library, …) still go to the graveyard normally.

We hope to apply it into the live version of the game in the next few days and will keep you updated on the specific ETA.

Enjoy!

Aza and the DoC Team

PS: When it dies, the Shi-no-shi will be reshuffled straight into your library as written on the card.
    I'm not a huge fan of this change, frankly, as I feel like it is using a hammer to deal with issues that should be dealt with by using a scalpel. With that being said, it will cause a dramatic shift in the metagame. How much of one remains to be seen, but at least 3 very high level decks just became much less viable.

Yay. No more having to kill Anael three times.

What happens with unique cards that go from library to graveyard(mill, garant's purge...)?

Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster
    Originally Posted by ShardHawk Go to original post
    What happens with unique cards that go from library to graveyard(mill, garant's purge...)?
    As stated in the original post:

Oops.. somehow missed that sentence.

Thanks for answering again =)

Necro decks are going to be hurt a lot, if atropos stays in his current form.

Necro Decks are allrdy weaker than other factions. Atropos

At least Atropos should go to graveyard. I finished allrdy necro in swiss tournaments so it isnt very important for me, but u should give Atropos at least the ability to go to the graveyard.

trupiciel's Avatar Heed the Call!
    I love this change!

I wouldn't if I had to play in b2j tho

Edit:
    Regarding ATROPOS - you can still town portal / bridge him back to your hand and re-use. A faction power status shouldn't be about one card imo.

Is this a nerf to necro? I don't think it is. It's a nerf to haven, inferno and academy mostly, thus making necro a more viable option.

Is this going to destroy control decks? Not at all, we had control decks that didn't rely on unique recursion in the past. You just need to adapt instead of whining. Hard, isn't it?

AmineM2's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by zuom000 Go to original post
    Necro decks are going to be hurt a lot, if atropos stays in his current form.
    Another nerf to Necro. That's exactly what was needed.

Now even Adar looks like a t3 hero :-)

@devs.

So what exactly are you going to do to make Necro a playable faction in the Open format? The only changes you announced so far are the Unique nerfs which hits Necro hard, and the Banshee nerf, which is not a big nerf, but still a nerf).

Originally Posted by trupiciel Go to original post
    Regarding ATROPOS - you can still town portal / bridge him back to your hand and re-use.
    yea, sure. People just didn't know about that - thats the reason why Necro is the weakest faction at the moment.

Originally Posted by trupiciel Go to original post
    A faction power status shouldn't be about one card imo.
    I agree: it shouldn't. But it is. And now even this one card which gives Necro a chance in the competitive game is nerfed. Are you really happy with that?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last ►►