Saved game issue

I already posted this in the Tech branch of this forum, but I figured there's a little more traffic here....to invoke a quicker response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello.
    I had been playing black flag for a month or so, and had gotten about 64% progress/completion. Well, I had some issues with Windows Update causing my OS to go haywire....and...to make a long story short, ended up having to reinstall windows.

My dilemma:
    I was using basic logic, and thinking that if I have to go through uPlay to play it, and uPlay saves the progression, I should be ok. Now, when I load black flag up, the uPlay launcher still shows my proper progression percentage, but when I try to play, my saved file *with* that progression is not there....basically giving me only the choice of starting a new game. Am I screwed here, or is there a way to recover that particular save file from the ubi/uPlay service? If not, I probably won't bother playing it anymore. Also, if not, why am I forced to play it through uPlay if it doesn't safeguard that progression.

Please tell me I can recover that somehow. It's a really fun game, but not fun enough to start all over after getting over halfway through it.

Thanks for any replies.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hi,

Currently the Cloud save feature is not active - so the only way to continue the game, after an reinstall - would to have a back up copy of the save - if you did not back up, i'm sorry but progress maybe lost.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.as...0000000ecGwCAI

if you would like to clarify that - or for future technical issues - please contact support directly, since the forums are not a replacement for them.

www.support.ubi.com

...and into the "Entertainment for houseguests" folder it goes!

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Good stuff to know. I need to make a copy of my save game.

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member
    If you still didn't install much stuff in the HD you reinstalled windows, you can still manage to recover the file with softwares for such thing. In a last resort I can send you my savefile and you can replay the missions from the progress tracker, even though I don't think that would be fun as playing the actual game.