Black Flag's (impressive) sales figures released

I was a bit curious to find out how well Black Flag sold. Its release was clearly lower profile compared to AC3, so I wondered if AC4 would go back to AC's normal figures (which are already high) or maintain itself higher like AC3 was.

Higher it is, although Blag Flag does benefit from the new generation consoles:

UBISOFT® REPORTS THIRD-QUARTER 2013-14 SALES

Excellent momentum for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, with some 10 million sell-in units. This performance bears witness to both the high quality of the game and the franchise’s strong dynamic with gamers. (...)

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag performed particularly well, reinforcing the franchise’s long-term potential and therefore its upcoming iteration. This robust showing was achieved thanks to the excellence of our teams, our extensive development capacities and the efficiency of our Lead and Associate studio structure.

Full report here: https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite...cm99128094.pdf

I also read this on IGN:

During a conference call this afternoon, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot did note that sales of Black Flag during the first six weeks of this year are outpacing those of AC3 during the same span last year, suggesting the latest game may have a longer tail as more people get their hands on next-gen consoles.

Here's how every game has done so far:

AC 1 - 8 million copies
    AC 2 - 9 million copies
    AC B - 8 million copies
    AC R - 7 million copies
    AC 3 - 12 million copies
    AC 4 - 10 million copies

Congrats to everyone involved on the game, it must be awesome to get this type of recognition!

The official report also mentions there's 5 big tittles coming for Ubisoft this year, but they don't mention AC5 as one of the 3 they named.

SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Impressive numbers indeed… AC3 on top = WIN

I can't judge a game by its jacket, but since I haven't played AC4BF yet and it looks like its about pirates, I am really cautious to play O_O but I'm only basing this on the cover art...

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by Humble_Assassin Go to original post
    I can't judge a game by its jacket, but since I haven't played AC4BF yet and it looks like its about pirates, I am really cautious to play O_O but I'm only basing this on the cover art...
    It has Connor in it..

okay that was too mean, he's not in it

It seems to big to be true, but good for them, bad for AC.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Impressive numbers indeed… AC3 on top = WIN
    Comparing AC III with AC IV would result into these personal conclusions:

1 AC III takes it in the story and combat departments, but AC IV has the edge in terms of mission design and stealth -more and better assassinations for instance-, side quests, overall environment and thus, replay value!
    2 AC III was more story driven because of the gray moral between Assassins and templars, its characters are stronger and play a bigger role. Connor was a pretty risky bet, he is native american, something rarely done before, a shy character, not as "charismatic" as its predecessor and certaintly not as "appealing" to the masses. AC IV feels like a easy and a light hearted story about a man and his hnger for riches, however Edward is different for Ezio, in case you were wondering of him being a clone.

I am happy for AC IV developers, because they did a VERY good job, exceding my personal expectations. I would say everything promised during trailers, interviews and press articles was there in the game * I know the game is far from being innovative, but certaintly is pretty fun to play!

* I am looking at you, background music, random events, frozen lakes, etc etc etc.....

SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    It has Connor in it..

okay that was too mean, he's not in it
    Big Lolz to you… although I heard he's mentioned

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Big Lolz to you… although I heard he's mentioned
    Yeah, the Aveline DLC mission involves Connor, although he does not appear...

Originally Posted by Megas_Doux Go to original post
    I would say everything promised during trailers, interviews and press articles was there in the game *.
    Defy Order ?
    'For a brief and shining moment of history, mens truly lived free' ?
    Mutineries ?
    Randoms events ?
    Full customisation of the Jackdaw ?
    Much more Assassination than before ?

They're is a lot of things they prosmised that are not in the final game.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    10 million vs. AC3's 12 million is pretty impressive if you consider that AC3 was the end of the Desmond trilogy. A lot of people bought the game just to see how his story was going to end.

Layer_13's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    10 million vs. AC3's 12 million is pretty impressive if you consider that AC3 was the end of the Desmond trilogy. A lot of people bought the game just to see how his story was going to end.
    By a lot, you must mean those half a million people because I for one didn't buy AC:3 for Desmond. And a majority of everyone else who purchased the game had no idea it was his conclusion either.

Oh right, this is Sixkeys I'm talking to.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►