Just getting into online, and I don't want to upset the regulars, so I have a question about the dogfight servers (red vs blue).......

I know that it is bad to shoot at your own side, but is it naughty to help your own side by sneaking up on the six of an aircraft which is on the six of one of your own side? If I see a DF between a red and a blue, is it OK to help out if my colour is in trouble? Or should I just leave them to it? Clearly it is wrong to kill-steal, but I'm tallking about the situation where it is my "teammate" which is in trouble.

In other words, how co-op should you be on a DF server??

Steph Larsson
    Vancouver's Island
    At or about L 48? 26.06'N, Lo 123? 19.31'W

Just getting into online, and I don't want to upset the regulars, so I have a question about the dogfight servers (red vs blue).......

I know that it is bad to shoot at your own side, but is it naughty to help your own side by sneaking up on the six of an aircraft which is on the six of one of your own side? If I see a DF between a red and a blue, is it OK to help out if my colour is in trouble? Or should I just leave them to it? Clearly it is wrong to kill-steal, but I'm tallking about the situation where it is my "teammate" which is in trouble.

Steph Larsson
    Vancouver's Island

Forget about coop play in df servers.

ASM 1's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slarsson:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont play online YET but if I was getting my a$$ chewed off then I'd welcome the help I know I do when playing Wolfenstein ET (yeah different style game I know, but damn those medics are handy... beleive me, I get waxed lots of times )

S!

Andrew

Hi,

If you want somewhere friendly to fly in, try UK Dedicated.

It's cockpit off, has numerous scenarios, has a prized atmosphere mainly because the admin will sort out anyone giving you any trouble if you make a genuine mistake. I know. I am an admin.

Effectively, if you want to avoid online trouble, you should:

a. Avoid shooting planes on the ground/taking off unless the brief explicitly states that it is allowed.

b. Avoid shooting people who are clearly landing (i.e. they are lined up with a runway and are dropping gear) unless it is explicitly stated that they are fair game in the brief.

c. Try to stay with a team member who is on the 6 of an opponent & watch for other bandits but try to avoid "shooting over their shoulder" - wait for an opportunity to fire cleanly, such as if your teammate overshoots or breaks off. You might still get moaned at for shooting down "their" plane if they do completely overshoot but that's tough luck; their rant will be mostly due to their mistake rather than anything else.

d. Don't shoot at planes that are obviously heading into the ground...characterised by the pilot having bailed/heavy black smoke/plane broken up/plane on fire.

e. Always help a teammate who appears to be in trouble; they usually are.

The simplest rule is to ask if you are not sure because decent regulars will advise you on customs particular to a server if not explained in the brief.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Norris

PS: Co-op, as suggested, is a very good way of making sure that you are with fair minded people. There seems to be far less aggro in COOP servers than DF and, on the whole, they are more interesting.

================================================== ==========

: Chris Morris - Blue Jam :
    http://cabinessence.cream.org/

: More irreverence :
    http://www.tvgohome.com/

: You've seen them... :
    www.chavscum.co.uk

Hello Slarsson ...and Norris

You can be as helpful as you wish on a DF server

Helping team mates by clearing there tails maybe an act that is returned in your favour at some time .

Assisting your team mates to get an advantage over an enemy is also helpful.

There is no harm in communicating with the people you may wish to help, an by communicating you may get a deffinate answer if they actully need help or not.
    Also by communicating your intension everything else should be cooperation!.

hope this give you some ideas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slarsson:
    If I see a DF between a red and a blue, is it OK to help out if my colour is in trouble?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Definitely.
    If the situation is reversed (your team-mate is attacking), you can still help him, and yourself, by staying above and nearby.
    If his target gets the better of him, you can dive in and help and, the tracers are a magnet for others.
    Basically it's being a "wingman".

This is a WWII flight simulator KILL THE ENEMY

Steph Larsson
    Vancouver's Island
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BadM-F(Mongrel-Fighter)...... AKA Dawg-of-death
    Former Member... Kelly Johnsons...Skunk Works

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    ya help the teammates
    i always stay around too long trying to help someone when ive already been hit badly or nearly outa ammo or only have a few rounds left

&lt;123_GWood_JG123&gt; NO SPAM!

dude some ones always gonna be crying like a little girl with a skinned knee.Oh u cheat,nice warp etc,etc,etc best thing to do is just get up and stay up and not worry about hurting someones feelings .Cause the first time u down em there gonna be pissed