I recently got a used X36 and love it. I'm looking for a good profile or two, any leads? By the way, what is the difference between the X36 and the X45, are their profiles compatible?

I recently got a used X36 and love it. I'm looking for a good profile or two, any leads? By the way, what is the difference between the X36 and the X45, are their profiles compatible?

Taylortony's Avatar Senior Member
    the X36 is a gameport version although the later one was usb and the X45 is a usb version, has some blue tops on the top of the bases, bar that not a lot of difference as i have had them both, only prob you could run into in the future is if you go over to xp it works different and you will loose the configurablilty of all of the buttons, but saying that i used my x36 for ages with no problems, top hats i seem to remember still worked etc if you have the usb version try adlabs driver or the ones here http://xdprofile.freebirdswing.org/index.asp

if you havent do a search on google for the likes of il2 x36 drivers etc...... its a nice stick enjoy it

I've used my X36 (USB version) for years, with no problems. WinXP recognizes it flawlwssly, too. I don't know about finding profiles, but the Saitek Gaming Extensions software is pretty powerful & works with XP nicely as well.