🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager

Session Mode User Guide - In-depth Walkthrough Video

Don't know what all those options mean in Session Mode? Looking to get the most out of this novel technology? Check out this walkthrough video we made with Nick Bonardi where he breaks down the features and explains things which may not be obvious on face. Please note that if you view this video on YouTube directly and look within the description there are timestamped shortcuts to certain parts of the video so you can jump straight to parts that you were looking for.

This video will also be hosted on the support section of the Rocksmith 2014 website soon.

Note: This is an all-platform guide, not Xbox 360 specific.

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Awesome guide--thanks!

P308R's Avatar Member
    Thank you for this!!!

LessLargemarge's Avatar Member
    This is great! Thanks for your efforts!
    LLM

Nice guide. Thanks.

One thing I still don't understand is the tortoise and the hare. I get that the green pulse moves right to left with the beats, but why then have these animals that represent slow and fast for a regular pulse?

On a related point, I remember reading the pulse in the middle flashes brighter on beat 1 of each measure, but if so I'm brightness-blind, I don't see it. A different shade would be more effective, for me anyway.

SquirrellyNinja's Avatar RS Product Manager
    Originally Posted by timnic999 Go to original post
    Nice guide. Thanks.

One thing I still don't understand is the tortoise and the hare. I get that the green pulse moves right to left with the beats, but why then have these animals that represent slow and fast for a regular pulse?

On a related point, I remember reading the pulse in the middle flashes brighter on beat 1 of each measure, but if so I'm brightness-blind, I don't see it. A different shade would be more effective, for me anyway.
    Basically if you were to play when the green flash is on the right of the center line you'd be playing ahead of the beat (faster, like a rabbit) and if you let the flash go past the center towards the left you'd be playing behind the beat (slower, like a tortoise).

Thanks for that video. Very helpful.

Is there a way to flip the string orientation just for session mode? I like having the low E at the top for the songs, because it is 3D, like looking through the fretboard. However, for session mode (which is more of a 2D appearance), I would prefer to have the low E at the bottom like tabs.

Thanks.

Much appreciated video!

Thank you for making that tutorial/exploratory video.
    I can't wait to try out session mode again...as my first time in, I was fumbling in the dark.
    Thank you again!

M

Rockin7GG's Avatar Member
    Thank you so much for this awesome tutorial Mr. Ninja . This is the kind of contribution that needs to continue being made available, as it is proven to give great information and guidance to those of us who are less savvy musically, as well as not as 'computer literate', in the broadest sense of the term Even folks who are 'experienced' have stated the volumes of information they have gained from this !

I know that it has been three (3) months since this thread was last visited, but I sincerely believe that it is 'one of a kind' in it's informational richness and, as such, it should be kept "Alive" and updated for the duration of RS 2014

Thanks again Mr. Ninja and, Great Work !! If time permits, could you Please give us some more of these wonderful gems, Please ?? Thanks mate

I'm having trouble understanding what it means to play with CONTRAST... it's a task but I don't get it.