Possible bug with the main quest (Partners in Crime)

Alright... So I'm having a hard time completing the quest (which is a sub quest from "The Great Escape quest") I mentioned above. What you got to do is: locate the shipwreck "Sun Hind" and after that, find the "Blackfang's chest" (which is located inside a dungeon called "Skull Rock". Now, the problem is that I already cleaned out that those two places and picked up the chest BEFORE (Yeah, I sidetracked a little since I really enjoy going around, exploring new places in the game) I even had that quest in my log, which made the quest go nuts it seems... Even though It still says that I need to find the Blackfang's chest (which I clearly already have in my possession), I went back to the two places once more, covering EVERY single tile on the map inside both dungeons, still, the problem persists. So, the only thing I can do now is to try and talk to the (which is Hamza and Ajit) quest issuers anyways to see if the problem might solve itself somehow, right...? No, that did not work at all.

So yeah, there you have it. I have tried everything I can think of doing. I'm completely stuck and I cannot continue doing my main quest at all. If you guys have any ideas on a workaround, I'll be forever grateful! I do not feel like restarting from the beginning again since I have spent many, many hours exploring, doing optional quests and killing everything in sight, and not to mention the sweet loot I currently have equipped on my characters for my lvl

i found another ship aroudn the sea area, not far from skull rock and thats called the Sun Hind, there is an npc whining about they threw stuff overboard, then it tells ya to get to chest from skull rock, then you go to skull rock and its completede (i off tracked as well, and that worked for me)

I'm in the same situation as OP. I've already spoken with the NPC and cannot do anything inside the cave.

Any solution to this problem?

Originally Posted by Narbak Go to original post
    i found another ship aroudn the sea area, not far from skull rock and thats called the Sun Hind, there is an npc whining about they threw stuff overboard, then it tells ya to get to chest from skull rock, then you go to skull rock and its completede (i off tracked as well, and that worked for me)
    I have already tried that, it does not work for me

So we're both screwed I then? While waiting for an answer to this issue I've cleared every mob up to the crag, I've cleared the spider queen in Lost City 3, there's nothing left to fight in the entire world.
    I can't believe how broken this game is.

I`m screwed too The same happens to me, I had been exploring all the map and now y cant continue the main quest. If somebody knews how make it please put it here!! I need to play more and more, and there are no more enemies in the map

Edit: I have post the problem in the Bugs post, if we are lucky someone will give us the answer

Eonwe.'s Avatar Junior Member
    Same thing happened to me, i had the chest before i got the partners in crime quest. However goin to the sun hind and talking to the npc there actually advanced the quest for me (i never went there before, thats not where you get the chest from). Then i had to go to skull rock (even tho i already cleared the place), which advanced the quest again. And finally i was able to deliver the chest to the blackfang guy.

It works to me today, thx

I'm in the same situation. Where is the NPC that whines about them throwing stuff overboard? I can't find him anywhere. Do you need to be able to walk on water? The only NPC I've found is Yumiko who gives you the Grandmaster Bow quest. I've already gotten the quest from her and cleared out Skull Rock before I got the Partners in Crime quest. Now I'm stuck and can't progress.

Works for me too. I had already found Skull Rock and the Sun Hind exploring (and yes to whomever asked if you need blessing of Shalassa to get to the Sun Hind), so Already had Blackfang's chest. Merely go follow the quest line, so FIRST go to Sun Hind, talk with the castaway sailor there to get the quest updated to search for Skull Rock, SECOND enter Skull Rock again and the quest updates itself to then go talk with Ajit. Ajit recognizes we have the chest finally :-). All is well in the world.