AC Dev Says Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor copied AC

Ha this was a funny read for me.

Source: http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...isoft-Dev.html
    His twitter : https://twitter.com/charlesrandall

A former developer on the Assassin’s Creed games has suggested Monolith is using code and assets from Assassin’s Creed II on Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

Charles Randall, who worked on Assassin’s Creed and Assassin’s Creed II, highlighted the similarities over Twitter last night following the release of Shadow of Mordor gameplay footage.

“Seriously, can someone tell me how Assassin's Creed 2 code and assets are in this Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor game?” he asked.

Responding to a reply about the tweet, he added, “This is *my* code in that game! I better at least see myself in the special thanks. WTF?”

Randall was specifically referencing Shadow of Mordor’s combat and air assassinations, which he says are exactly the same as those he created for the Assassin’s Creed series. “I recognize my **** in that vid,” he said.

“I'm fine with it if people know what it is. But if they think they are going to sneak this under the radar... SO MUCH NOPE.”

He added, “I know I don't have any legal rights to what I did on Assassin's Creed 2 but I sure hope I get a special thanks on that Middle Earth game.”

Despite his obvious shock, Randall is not accusing Monolith of stealing the assets and code from Assassin’s Creed. He clarified later, “People seem to think I was implying theft -- not at all. I just assumed either a licensing deal or just AC used as heavy reference.”

Randall is currently working on the timed Xbox One exclusive Below, with Capybara Games.

FreeKnowledge's Avatar Banned
    Yup this threads gonna get closed by Mr.shade real quick or black widow9 lol!

Landruner's Avatar Senior Member
    Dude we got closed yesterday by Forum moderator (Mr_Shade) for posting the same stuff
    Here is Link there if you wish continue conversation
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...iscussion-News

Originally Posted by freeknowledge Go to original post
    yup this threads gonna get closed by mr.shade real quick or black widow9 lol!
    lol!!!

Originally Posted by Landruner Go to original post
    lol!!!
    as the kids say these days, yolo

Originally Posted by xryanx28 Go to original post
    as the kids say these days, yolo
    Eh I was not mocking you, I was laughing with my friend Freeknowledge and he knows why

No seriously follow the link I gave you if you want to talk with us, the mods are going to close your thread

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Funny though, everyone on IGN is saying the same thing XD It's so obviously ripped off.

Eh people, I don't want to play the sock sucker there, but I think we should stop posting there before the moderator come after us
    that is a third Party game that is not related to any Ubisoft Product (Theoretically, LOL) and it is that forum is cool enough to have reserved a thread for this.

Here is Link there if you wish continue Zeeee conversation
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...iscussion-News

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    This thread better stay up since this is obviously AC-related.

Ubisoft will sue, it's a breach of copyright laws.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►