Originally Posted by Marlakinky Go to original post
    About a year ago I played this game and there was no problem entering act 2, but now I cant go to elemental forge. And I cant enter key in main menu, maybe cause I did it when I've played a year ago. What is the problem and how can I solve it
    There is really nothing we can do. The work-around to access Elemental Forge works - except that it won't open the bridge. There is a work-around to open the bridge, but most people say that work-around will eventually corrupt your save. So we are simply stuck.

Ultimately, It basically looks like UPlay is recognizing our copies of game as Early Access copies - even when we never participated in EA, and only brought the game recently. Hence, we cannot travel past a certain Early Access point; and hence we cannot access UPlay Relic rewards.

So unless UPlay is fixed to properly recognize our game, we are stuck.

I've installed the game in august. I own two version of the game the physical deluxe one and a steam deluxe code that i own from the early access (i never partecipated to the early access step).
    Now i'm using the steam code directly on uplay and i can't activate the DLC Falcon & Unicorn. The game and Uplay can't communicate.
    So i decided to play the main game and i can't finish the first Act because the line "bring me to the Forge" with Levi it's in gray and i can't choose it.
    So i tried the trick of editing the xml file and it works, the bridge continue to stay blocked but i'm aware that you can come back to the first area with the horse service from the second town. The problem is that people told me that in the future i wil have other bugs like the Levi one and so i must to make communicating Uplay and the game, i have no other choise. Now i'm trying to explain my problem to the support uplay and i hope that they could make a fix to uplay or to the game.
    Both my codes (i mean the phisical copy one and the steam one) begins with 67P. It exist other kind of code? Maybe a different code that couldn't do the check with the game?

Originally Posted by micartu Go to original post
    I've installed the game in august. I own two version of the game the physical deluxe one and a steam deluxe code that i own from the early access (i never partecipated to the early access step).
    Now i'm using the steam code directly on uplay and i can't activate the DLC Falcon & Unicorn. The game and Uplay can't communicate.
    So i decided to play the main game and i can't finish the first Act because the line "bring me to the Forge" with Levi it's in gray and i can't choose it.
    I have a similar issue. Bought the game in a retail box years ago, and a few weeks ago I wanted to play the game again, but this time I couldn't progress past Act 1 without modifying game files. Trying to redeem the key within the game just gave me an error "Connection to the Ubisoft server could not be established". It is a shame since this is such a fun game.

Contacted support about it, but after a few weeks of communicating back and forth, I was just told to start over with a new campaign. I doubt that will help when I can't even redeem my code. Does this game even work properly for anyone? or does everyone have problems with finishing Act 1? My code also starts with 67P, but unsure how that matters.

Same problem here. Bought the game through Ubi store. Can't fly to Elemental Forge, becouse the text is greyed out.

Also, can't redeem codes in extras, as it tells me it cannot establish connection with Ubisoft servers. Uplay is online, turned off firewall, even connected my internet directly
    without router.

As some people said here in the forums, The lack of connection to ubi servers for this game greys out the dialog with Lev making it impossible to advance in game beyond Act I.

To conclude, this game is broken at this point, and Ubisoft is selling a glorified demo version as a full release. I belive the term for this type of practice would be scam.

Untill this is fixed, buyers beware.

I have decided to go back to the game after two years.

1st surprise - no relics - OK guess I need to find them somewhere, but as far as I recall It should be in my inventory right from the beginning - strange
    2nd surprise - elemental forge dialog greyed out? huh I did something wrong - time to check google - looks like a bug.

So I have decided to rise a ticket to the support hopefully Ubisoft will be able to help with this case - I really want to revisit the game this time with magic team that will actually have a chance in DLC.

Urziel, support doesn't have the power to fix the game, they will make you jump through troubleshooting hoops that will effectively waste hours of your time and get you no closer to having a working game... I mean they'll try help, in various ways, depending on which staff member you get, but it won't fix the game.

A developer has responded on steam saying they are investigating it, when we get a fix is anyones guess... hopefully soon, i was enjoying the game up until it blocked me.

I will likely never buy another Ubisoft game again. This is atrocious and motivated by greed, keeping their obtuse game overlay software around.

I turned on "RendezVous" logging today which is the Ubisoft server hook for MMX.

Here is that text.. Could be related to what is happening:

(Info) Tracking create, access key=3zLCAurt(Info) Tracking::Initialize without address, port, service Id
    (Debug) Creating RendezVous
    This platform has logs enabled. Don't use it for shipping.
    (Debug) Creating Tracking monitor periodic job
    (Warning) OnlineConfigClient module not initialized
    (Info) HTTP Request GET http://onlineconfigservice.ubi.com/O...&target=client
    (Debug) TrackingSandboxURL was not found
    (Info) Using sandbox URL: prudp:/address=lb-rdv-prod18.ubisoft.com;port=22900
    (Warning) Inet Address "lb-rdv-prod18.ubisoft.com" requires a lookup
    (Info) Online Config PC/Ps3: Sandbox address found : 216.98.55.72 port = 22900
    (Info) Console is online and config found, Login to RendezVous
    (Info) Logging in to RendezVous...
    (Info) Tracking logged-in
    (Info) AuthenticationManager : StartUp successful
    (Info) AuthenticationManager::LogIn()
    (Error) AuthenticationManager : LogIn call has failed: - (Facility:RendezVous, ErrorCode:InvalidPassword) = 0x80030065
    (Info) IPN: 1666809914 MAC: a434d95dfbf1
    (Info) GetConfiguration successful
    (Info) Send Tag
    (Debug) Queued Tag (size=1 / limit=100)
    (Info) LegacyRendezVousShutDown()
    (Debug) Tracking instance delete...
    (Info) Cleaning up RendezVous...
    (Info) Tracking create, access key=3zLCAurt
    (Info) Tracking::Initialize without address, port, service Id
    (Info) IPN: 1660952186 MAC: a434d95dfbf1
    (Error) AuthenticationManager : LogIn call has failed: - (Facility:RendezVous, ErrorCode:InvalidPassword) = 0x80030065
    (Info) Send Tag
    (Info) Send Tag
    (Info) Send Tag
    (Info) Send Tag

Fun fact: If you ping lb-rdv-prod18.ubisoft.com at port 22900 there is no response....

Did they turn off the servers and no one is getting the message at Ubisoft? Come on guys...

Or ping is just blocked on the server. If would make sense on a machine that is supposed to be only accessible by a proprietary protocol.