Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi guys, I have passed your feedback along, and the Steam thread.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    Hi guys, I have passed your feedback along, and the Steam thread.
    Appreciated, thanks.

Drozko's Avatar Junior Member
    Yeah performance near those cursed ruins is terrible , same thing along that river and blocking guard further you go from it performance gets better

this must be the reason why so many crashes near seahaven

must be some memory leak or just bugged area

Was it also in ea ?

Yeah I'm getting the same exact slowdowns near the cursed ruins. The tiles all around the guard by the river that tells you that you can't pass because of bandits, well that area is also choppy as heck. It can NOT be a coincidence that the people having problems are having it in the exact same areas. Game is buggy and should have never been released in this state. This is still a beta/early access.

Another one here with serious performance problem in the game. I have a fairly good rig (Intel i7 4770, nVidia GTX770, 8GB RAM) and i'm seeing the game run at 5fps in some places, like the forest near Seahaven, where you get the Druid Elder quest.

That's obviously a problem with the game. It seems clear to me that it needs some serious optimization patchs. It's impossible to play it as it is now. I'm really loving the game, but that crap of performance is killing all the fun.

fadeeaway's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by drepteck Go to original post
    Yeah I'm getting the same exact slowdowns near the cursed ruins. The tiles all around the guard by the river that tells you that you can't pass because of bandits, well that area is also choppy as heck. It can NOT be a coincidence that the people having problems are having it in the exact same areas. Game is buggy and should have never been released in this state. This is still a beta/early access.
    Because a few have problems it shouldn't been released? With that way of thinking no game ever would see the light of day. All games have bugs at release, you just happened to be a victim this time. I'm sorry for that but there are tons of ppl running this game without problems (own conclusion since this is no big thread if you count posts).

It seems the people who have the biggest problems is the people with the newest computers and gfxcards while it runs without a hitch for us with some older hardware. I've not crashed once, and it runs very fluid on 1920x1080 max settings, yes even near seahaven.

Have you tried to disable Core parking? It can be a pain in the *** with new processors and some games. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=229080

I'm using a fairly old rig on 8800GT, and it is choppy at various parts, though still playable. Tile-based navigation actually provided some mitigation, as otherwise there will be more serious complaints (like skipped turns during combat) that plague similar games that are not well optimized.

Hi guys. I have an i7 950 and nvidia 480. I have win 7 64 bit. I get the same texture detail that is shown in the pic posted earlier in thread. Terrible graphics. I have tried updating drivers. The thing that I find most troublesome is that when I go to a shop or building screen, think the tavern in the very beginning of game, my GPU heats up dramatcially. I use msi after burner to monitor what is going on. My GPU core utilization spikes to max and my temperature rises steadily. Not a slow and steady increase in temp. I am talking an immediate fan switches on to max and the GPU has gone from 40 to 80 in a minute's time. As soon as I close the tavern window, my temps drop and my GPU utilization drops. I play tons of other games with no issue. Im presently playing metal gear revengeance, spec ops thin red line, castlevania and other much prettier games with no dramatic increases in temperature. I do not think my PC is the issue. I was wonderiing if any one else is having these exact same issues with GPU temps and timing. I will admit I have not even left the opening town. Everytime I open a window other me walking around, I am afraid I will fry my gpu. I have a laptop with win 8.1 and a 660m. I will try running it on that to see if I have the same GPU spike issue

Yea, I agree to everyone who is having technical problems in this thread...

I can run games like Skyrim and Witcher 2 on high settings with no problems and the gameplay is still smooth.
    But as the title suggests, even placing the graphic settings to low/medium for MMX doesn't do anything. It's ridiculously jerky even placing the mouse cursor over a spell etc. takes 1 sec for the description to come up and register. I don't understand how a game that has such low end graphics and textures can run so bad... As someone said previously, it's not that I don't mind that the graphics in this game aren't top notch since it gives it that whole MM feel/retro RPG style. BUT I expect such a game to run pretty damn flawlessly if that's the case.
    I would have to say it's the worst running game I own considering the graphics. It's actually comparable to the graphics of MM8 and MM9 and those games could run flawlessly on my bloody Windows vista that's almost 7 years old!

That being said i'm not gonna cry about getting a refund b/c i'm still enjoying the game, but I do want these certain technical issues to be fixed.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by fadeeaway Go to original post
    It seems the people who have the biggest problems is the people with the newest computers and gfxcards while it runs without a hitch for us with some older hardware. I've not crashed once, and it runs very fluid on 1920x1080 max settings, yes even near seahaven. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=229080
    I have very old hardware, I played act1 on medium settings without problems and now at seahaven it is unplayable and crashes constantly. So much for your theory.