🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Ubi-Valentin's Avatar Community Manager

ACIV: Maps Top Views #1 (La Havana, Palenque)

Hello Assassins,

Last year on AC3, we shared with you top views of all the new maps in order to give you a global overview of the places you were playing on. We decided that now was the time to do the same with AC4.

We will proceed like last year: each week, we'll reveal two maps in the following order:
    • Week 1 - La Havana, Palenque
    • Week 2 - Portobello, Prison
    • Week 3 - Saba Island, Saint Pierre
    • Week 4 - Santa Lucia, Tampa Bay

Let's start now with La Havana & Palenque. See you next week for Portobello & Prison!

La Havana

Higher resolution: La Havana

Palenque

Higher resolution: Palenque

Haha just what I asked Etienne, thank you <3

Kirokill's Avatar Senior Member
    Is there a link to the AC3 top map overview or is it deleted? I just relised I could save it :S

Thanks you very much
    Also a question that might not have a good place here, but will the DM map location change?

j0kay's Avatar Member
    Do you have those available in higher resolutions? The ones ingame are pretty small too.

Could you give any info regarding when we will get new DM sections of the maps? (for those that dont know, there are multiple DM sections, but we can only see some of them from videos a few days before release).

Also, it would be super if we could vote for wich DM sections should stay, at least 1 of them is absolutely horrible (you can litteraly get arialed on 95% of the map)

I know you're talking about Havana, that one is messed up. The section with the fountain and markets should be set as the DM map. You can see how it is like Rome DM map.
    Also CasualCreed I read about the different sections but I didn't see any videos with it.

TipTopToby1's Avatar Junior Member
    I always thought they could create like 4 different DM maps just from one map. I actually hope you're right and they are coming cause that would be great.

In this video (I have not asked if I could link it, hopefully its ok) you can see some of the DM sections we currently do not have
    -He got the game a bit early and looks like they were just open at that time, you can see the same from videos captured from... games conferances thingys that advertized AC4.
    At the start I thought the maps were on a 1 month cycle, but as you know, thats not the case. Prob going to be unlocked at a later stage

At 1:37 we see a different DM section of Palenque, its even called "Palenque DM 3" so likely there are at least 3 DM maps on that map.
    At 3:48 we see another different DM section of Habana, called "Habana DM 3" - Just as above, likely at least 3 DM maps on this map. This is also the worst DM section AC games have ever had, can be roofed on 95% of the map. Just terrible terrible.
    At 15:25 we see another different DM section of Prison, called "Prison 3" - Same assumption as above.

Also, in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzMCFa-0ESI
    At 0:12 he plays on Saba Island DM 3. Note: This is game lab, but its on a DM section of the map still.