🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ubisoft Connect forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Uplay/Xbox One/Assassin's Creed IV major issue

Hey there. Sudden problem.

Last night, as I was going after a White Whale on my Xbox One version of Assassin's Creed, my friend Josh walked in and the system recognized him and logged him in. When this happens, it always boots me out of Uplay in my own game. However, upon logging him out, I found that I couldn't log back in to Uplay. Since then, I've tried exiting the game, rebooting the system, unplugging the system, using both the disc and the On Demand version of the game, exiting out of the game completely via the options button...nothing works. I tried to log in to the separate Uplay app on the Xbox dashboard, and it failed once and then let me in upon a second attempt. Having had that success, I tried logging in in AssCreed 4 again, but no luck again. What's going on?!

The timing on this is killing me, as today there seems to be community events popping up all over the place, and I'm going to miss them if I can't get logged in soon. PLEASE help? Someone? *sniff, sniff*

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- Topher

EDIT: A friend online suggested I try to remove some friends from my friends list (most of which I had added only for the silly Social Challenges in AssCreed 4). I erased about 7-8 of them and by some miracle, it actually worked. I am now able to connect to Uplay on my Xbox One again.

Ubi-Lhainiev's Avatar Moderator
    Thanks for the update Goldenfoxx1974, there does seem to be some issue for players who have over 99 friends. I am glad the solution your friend suggested helped. In the future, if you run into this problem again, please feel free to contact Support with the links below. I will also be forwarded this feedback on.

Also having this problem I just can't sign into uplay has given me no option to either.
    Can't connect to ubisoft server, go to ubi support.
    Multiplayer says limited any ideas ? Bought the game digitally.
    If the 100 friend list doesn't sort it I'll have to request a refund via MS and Xbox live.

This didn't work leaves the game unplayable.
    Any ideas ?
    Won't let me log in just says ubisoft servers unavailable.
    I'm connected to Xbox live no restrictions Xbox live gold paid up.
    No multiplayer option either can't connect to ubisoft server limited mode.
    ???????

Ubi-Lhainiev's Avatar Moderator
    Hi Kopho1r,

Sorry to hear you are having issues connecting. Please visit the following XBOX One - AC4 Support article for additional info on limited mode: http://tinyw.in/0qmK If this doesn't help, please consider contacting Ubisoft Support with the links below. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey, guys.. Thanks for the responses. For the record, I didn't have over 99 friends (never did). Not even close; however, I WAS rather surprised to find that I had around 65 at the time this issue occurred (MOST of them acquired in order to finish the Abstergo Challenges related to community findings and its related achievement). If the problem disappeared at a specific number, I'm betting it was getting below 60 friends.

I tried using the phone number on the inside packaging of the Assassin's Creed IV sleeve, and probably spent a good half hour or more trying the usual things with a tech support agent who wound up about as confused as I was. If it wasn't for the acquaintance on my friends list who had had a similar problem and suggested deleting some friends, I'd probably still be entirely frustrated with it.

For the record, even with the high level of frustration I've had over these Community Challenges, I do like them--or at least the basic nugget of an idea behind them--and would like to encourage Ubisoft to find a fun, if better, way of doing this sort of thing in the future. The only real problems I have with it all currently are the long amount of time between community events such as the one that ends today (there should always be SOMETHING going on, or the prizes behind doing them become effectively worthless...I want that black and red sail, but not if I've already finished the game by the time it's offered, y'know?), and the fact that only selecting "Repair the Jackdaw" ultimately works to count as a "plundering of Royal Convoys."