dendob's Avatar Junior Member

Remenisence on M&M in the old days (aka what is missing that I got used to in M&M III

First of all big thumbs up that the dungeon crawler genre is getting back on its feet and M&M X is defenitely going in the right direction but they should not compromise on several old style features who brought atmosphere or IMO are essential to the gameplay feeling:

1) bring back a few more monster spawns, after you clear the den of thieves and the nagas, nothing spawns anymore. You used to have a few more spawns before you could actually clear a map of spawns
    2) bring back skills like swimming, repair item, identify item, mountaineering.
    3) Every part of the world should be visitable. I am personally a map clearer and I loved the fact that by getting a few more skills, new part of the map unlock. I do love the current map but I do hope that system gets implemented as well.
    4) If burning determinationi is kind of must have against ghosts, what if you havent picked any fire magic expert possibility in your party? yes scrolls are there but already for that first batch of ghosts, you are required to use 1 scroll/ghost. I have had the bug on them crashing the game but wanted to touch on that 'difficulty' on beating ghosts on the early access.
    5) probably a lot of people have mentioned the locked doors &rooms in the imperial castle but yes a few doors (besides the early access closed off door) keep players who want to clear, sitting on their hunger.
    6) small bug, maybe by design, in the thieves den, there is such a door for me as well. I suppose i shouldve used the key that i used on the thiefs leader door there and an extra key is probably in that room. I would suggest changing that lock on the leaders door to accept only one specific key.
    7) GUI ornamentation: bring back the gargoyles, nuff said ;-)
    8) detect traps & secret doors: It is possible that i couldnt find the last secret doors because my perception wasnt high level enough but as soon as the crusader lef my party I couldnt find any traps or secret doors anymore?
    9) combat movemen & initiaton: the time taken for combat to start becomes too long. Please get an option on 'skip combat initiation movies' and make the enemies walk a little faster, they walk like cripples!

thats it for now I will probably come across more but still the fact that i played this one through in 2 sessions (7hours and 2 hours) makes me fimly believe you guys are on the right track for those who love the style of gameply in M&M III & IV &V before all the 3D madness begun.

Do actively read and follow up on this forums please, I see a lot of good suggestions who are, IMO missing in the game at the moment .

And to anyone who only begun in the M&M series after the dungeon crawler versions, you are allowed to miss the '3D' part of the game but the setup is not meant that way. Legend of Grimrock has proven that this genre still alive and still has a good player base

Hi,

1) bring back a few more monster spawns, after you clear the den of thieves and the nagas, nothing spawns anymore. You used to have a few more spawns before you could actually clear a map of spawns

i dont know early MM games like MM6 and MM7 respawns time was either 3 month or 6 months or a year, so we dont spend enough time on EA so we cannot see respawns, what i mean is there might be time dependant respawns that we couldnt figure in EA

2) bring back skills like swimming, repair item, identify item, mountaineering.

Devs. said there wont be utility skill in the game and discussed in on of other topic (and that is terribly bad for an RPG game )

3) Every part of the world should be visitable. I am personally a map clearer and I loved the fact that by getting a few more skills, new part of the map unlock. I do love the current map but I do hope that system gets implemented as well.

Exactly !!!

4) If burning determinationi is kind of must have against ghosts, what if you havent picked any fire magic expert possibility in your party? yes scrolls are there but already for that first batch of ghosts, you are required to use 1 scroll/ghost. I have had the bug on them crashing the game but wanted to touch on that 'difficulty' on beating ghosts on the early access.

I was cleared all ghost at 1st patch there wasnt any bug and there wasnt anything special happening, whenever you walt into special place 5 elite ghosts respawning you kill them and they respawn again and again, I was collected more than 40 BD scrools so notting extra ordinary.

5) probably a lot of people have mentioned the locked doors &rooms in the imperial castle but yes a few doors (besides the early access closed off door) keep players who want to clear, sitting on their hunger.

+1

6) small bug, maybe by design, in the thieves den, there is such a door for me as well. I suppose i shouldve used the key that i used on the thiefs leader door there and an extra key is probably in that room. I would suggest changing that lock on the leaders door to accept only one specific key.

+1

7) GUI ornamentation: bring back the gargoyles, nuff said ;-)

+1 eheh yea, and please dont bring "slimes" back

8) detect traps & secret doors: It is possible that i couldnt find the last secret doors because my perception wasnt high level enough but as soon as the crusader lef my party I couldnt find any traps or secret doors anymore?

there are spells that freemage can cast that increases that "environmental awareness"

9) combat movemen & initiaton: the time taken for combat to start becomes too long. Please get an option on 'skip combat initiation movies' and make the enemies walk a little faster, they walk like cripples!

there is a video on youtube, one german guy played press release for act 1 and act 2 and there is a monster movement increase option in the game in Full release, x2 x3 speeds are available and seems good enough for me,

I agree with all this except for 9 which has been dealt with
    also I wish there were more puzzles and more variety of monsters including impossible monsters that you can come back to