A weight system

I think y'all get the gist of it. The less you have equipped, the faster/more agile you are and vice versa.

Edit: Y'all don't understand.
    I don't want a Fallout/Skyrim weight system.

Take a fully armored/equipped Edward: he'll move at x mph
    Take Edward with only his hidden blades and no armor, he'll move at x+y mph

This will affect climbing and the like.

IWGCJoeCool's Avatar Member
    like in Skyrim?

lol

did a recent AC1 replay and was listening closely when Altair was moving about....the clank and sturm of it all...and i was supposed to believe nobody heard him?

HiddenKiller612's Avatar Senior Member
    No.

RoBg03's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by IWGCJoeCool Go to original post
    like in Skyrim?

lol

did a recent AC1 replay and was listening closely when Altair was moving about....the clank and sturm of it all...and i was supposed to believe nobody heard him?
    i know right? or notice he's the only monk walking around strapped with weapons....as far as a weight system, i'd like the option to equip different items, but more for the purpose of customizing my assassin for different styles. kinda like how we have different classes of enemys.

I support that, AC’s social stealth really needs to become believable. After all, an Assassin should be nothing but a blade in the crowd. But how can you blend in a crowd if you are a walking tank? It’s completely immersion breaking (especially given the games force the player to carry every kind of weapon).
    And, how can an Assassin climb, parkour and swim properly with such a huge arsenal of weapons (plus armor in some cases)?

Besides, with a weight system, the player is encouraged to take some time to organize his gear and leave the non-essential items behind. If the player is more of a marksman, he can choose to ditch the sword or axe in favor of the bow/crossbow. In this case, while the Assassin can eliminate targets from afar, he is more vulnerable in combat. On the other hand, if the player chooses to carry an axe and some armor, the Assassin will make more noise when moving (easier detection) and won’t jump as farther or sprint at full speed. This combination fits players who rely on combat and keep stealth to a minimum.
    This way, every gear combination is balanced and prevents players from feeling overpowered while also allowing them to customize the Assassin according to their play style.

I would also like the addition of clothing accessories that conceal certain weapons (cape to conceal a bow, boots where the player can place a knife, long sleeves to hide the hidden blade bracer, etc.)
    For these reasons, the inclusion of a weight system, would definitely be beneficial to the franchise.

No. I hate being restricted by real world limitations in a video game. I do, however, support the option to choice and pick what we carry. A loadout if you will. Sometimes I just want to rock a short blade and throwing knives. Other times I want to go all out with a two handed weapon and strapped with hidden pistol and darts.

ya a weight system would be a good idea. then again what if you needed a certain weapon for a full synch obj? and you didnt bring that 1 weapon along? That'd be a pain >.<

DinoSteve1's Avatar Senior Member
    it wouldn't be a problem if they got rid of synch rate.

Nyvri's Avatar Senior Member
    No thanks. I really think it's a good idea, but if they continue AC:IV's direction, it wouldn't work. The way the AI performed and set up in AC:IV required all of Edward's tools.

If they made a complete open-world stealth game like MGSV, then by all means, make it happen.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't think we need to be slowed down by excessive equipment, but I do think they need to give the characters a greater sense of weight. It's hard to explain what I mean, but in the last two games with the "upgraded" free-running, the Assassin feels WAY too responsive to minor inputs and WAY too likely to leap onto any nearby object I don't want them to leap on. I feel like Edward is especially prone to this, but even Connor, who's a bloody tank of a man compared to the other three, feels way too light and prone to dramatically soar through the air when all I wanted him to do was lightly jog forward.

Bah, I want the old two-button system back, that's all I'm going on about. It was so much more precise.